Author Topic: Meet and Greet  (Read 1644 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Meet and Greet
« on: January 25, 2009, 12:37:20 PM »
Hello all

New member here.  Recently joined the club and have been reading all the old post and seeing just what all every one has.
   Looks like there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on the site.

I have been in to the sand sport,  well since dirt.  Have owned about ten or fifteen sand cars and or four wheelers.   Currant car started life as a Prowlers Sand sprite six frame ordered without any suspension.  This would be my first car that was not air cooled.  Built all the front a-arms and rear five link etc etc etc etc. Got tired of the air cooled motor's could not get and reliability out of a 265hp corvair.  Going to far to play to suck a valve seat on the first day out.  New power is a 3.5 all alum olds v6 love it.  Machinist by trade run my own shop. Do farm out work for some of the major players in the city.  Two VF2 HAAS CNC machines and Albrea and MasterCam 10 for cams. Most all my work is done from MDM's and IGS files sent by my customers.  Really like what Master and engineer are doing with the Busa adpt.  Got some ?'s there but that'll be in another post. I will try to post a before and after shot of my new car.  Just got back from Glamis and had a good time.  Glamis and St Anthony Idaho the best for big dune's.  Use LS for all my testing and tuning.  Have all the usual equipment air over hyd tube bender do all my own tig and mig welding.  Looking forward to meeting some you down at LS.  Next outing for me will be Snake hunt camp site 60 and 61.
     Remember! if it is worth doing do it in the Sand. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: Meet and Greet
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 02:25:22 PM »
Very nice. Welcome to to DTS FAB

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:28:45 PM »
Yah Welcome Corvair!  Very nice car!

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »
Welcome. Thats a nice lookin rig.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal