Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9234 times)

Monster_44

Re: Hello
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 10:32:07 PM »
Hey thanks again for all the info DS!  I learned alot...I learned that my ass can't afford to build anything right now! kick  As I said before I'm new to this buggy stuff and didn't realize how expensive it all is.  Made me respect all you guys that can build parts and these great buggy's.  I'll get one built eventually but prolly not this year.  I need to start saving for this project.  I do have a fiberglass dune buggy that may make an appearance down in LSok this year though.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 05:51:33 AM »
Wheels are better than feet!

Money, #1 reason some of these guys just seem to disapear from buggy sites.  Taken me nearly 3 yrs.  Quit for 6 months once.  The frame is easy/cheap and very rewarding.  The rest of it will $50 and $100 you to death.   drowning
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2010, 06:41:50 AM »
pucker up
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Monster_44

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »
Yeah Carlriddle that's what I found out last night...it isn't cheap!  I grew up racing stockcars, motocross, go karts, and drag racing.  It wasn't cheap but it wasn't as much as the part required to build a buggy.  I think I'll save up a lil bit and build a frame and just go with the flow, I didn't expect to have it done in a year anyways so if it takes me a little longer so be it.  I don't want to build a piece of shit that I have to work on more than drive so it's ok if it takes longer.  I'll just have to get rides from DS and Enemy to get me by until mine is done!  Oh I puckered up alright Masterfabr, it was good to hear that though, good reality check as to what it takes to build a buggy.

trans man

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 09:00:53 PM »
Hey thanks again for all the info DS!  I learned alot...I learned that my ass can't afford to build anything right now! kick  As I said before I'm new to this buggy stuff and didn't realize how expensive it all is.  Made me respect all you guys that can build parts and these great buggy's.  I'll get one built eventually but prolly not this year.  I need to start saving for this project.  I do have a fiberglass dune buggy that may make an appearance down in LSok this year though.
You said you have a fiberglass dune buggy, What make is it? , Do you have any pics of it?, Is it a 2 or 4 seater? 8) 8) 8)

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 10:15:54 PM »
Yeah Carlriddle that's what I found out last night...it isn't cheap!  I grew up racing stockcars, motocross, go karts, and drag racing.  It wasn't cheap but it wasn't as much as the part required to build a buggy.  I think I'll save up a lil bit and build a frame and just go with the flow, I didn't expect to have it done in a year anyways so if it takes me a little longer so be it.  I don't want to build a piece of shit that I have to work on more than drive so it's ok if it takes longer.  I'll just have to get rides from DS and Enemy to get me by until mine is done!  Oh I puckered up alright Masterfabr, it was good to hear that though, good reality check as to what it takes to build a buggy.
8) yeah,better to know up front. less disappointment later. :) :)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Monster_44

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 03:18:20 PM »
You said you have a fiberglass dune buggy, What make is it? , Do you have any pics of it?, Is it a 2 or 4 seater? 8) 8) 8)

The chassis is a 1963 VW bug and the body is ???... I don't know for sure, my dad built it back in 1968, It's boat flake slime green with a flower power sticker still on the side of it! eyes  It is a 4 seater, I'll get some pics next weekend when I go home and post em up for ya. My dad just rebuilt the motor so maybe it will do 60mph instead of 55mph!  It's not fast but it's fun cruising around town and stuff!

Monster_44

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »
8) yeah,better to know up front. less disappointment later. :) :)

Yeah you hate to get into the start of a project and not have the scratch to finish it!  There's been a lil turn of events on my behalf though, I going to sell my beloved Mustang.  It's the only way I can fund the new project per the wife.  Oh well, I only have a one car garage right now so somethings gotta go.  I'm building a Pro Lite Trophy Truck out of a bunch of parts I've got lying around so that will help keep the cost down.  DS is going to give me a hand building the chassis.  It's gonna be a fun build, I've built stock car cages when I used to race them but this is a whole different animal.  I love the building stage of a project!

trans man

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 03:30:25 PM »
COOL!!!  ;D ;D I'm glad to meet another vw man. If you ever never need any help or have any questions about it, PM me any time. 8) 8)  8)

trans man

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »
Yeah you hate to get into the start of a project and not have the scratch to finish it!  There's been a lil turn of events on my behalf though, I going to sell my beloved Mustang.  It's the only way I can fund the new project per the wife.  Oh well, I only have a one car garage right now so somethings gotta go.  I'm building a Pro Lite Trophy Truck out of a bunch of parts I've got lying around so that will help keep the cost down.  DS is going to give me a hand building the chassis.  It's gonna be a fun build, I've built stock car cages when I used to race them but this is a whole different animal.  I love the building stage of a project!
Building and working on your ride is just as much fun as driving it. :D :D :D

Monster_44

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »
COOL!!!  ;D ;D I'm glad to meet another vw man. If you ever never need any help or have any questions about it, PM me any time. 8) 8)  8)

Thanks Trans man!

Monster_44

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 04:08:15 PM »
Building and working on your ride is just as much fun as driving it. :D :D :D

I agree!  I love watching it all come together, and the reward is going fast, having fun, and getting to show off your stuff!

trans man

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 06:27:34 PM »
Thanks Trans man!
No problem, any time ;D ;D ;D

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 07:12:33 PM »
Trans man's VW not legal in most states.  It flat out moves!  Congrates on having DS close by, super blue hero will be a great help.  Dont forget the pics, we like pics, plus they make great reference to look back at stuff later on.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

trans man

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »
Trans man's VW not legal in most states.  It flat out moves!  Congrates on having DS close by, super blue hero will be a great help.  Don't forget the pics, we like pics, plus they make great reference to look back at stuff later on.
It's a firecracker with a very short fuse. ;D ;D ;D The EPA would love my engine! rofl rofl rofl It runs on 112 octane leaded racing fuel!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:26:06 PM by trans man »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal