Author Topic: Hello All....  (Read 4732 times)

borris

Re: Hello All....
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 06:04:51 AM »
No you were correct . It is a manual tranny.I meant that it's a tranny from an automobile.Sorry for the confusion. The manual AUTOmotive tranny is just to give you a choice of final gear ratio.Sort of like changing out the ring and pinion in the  differential   but all you have to do is select another gear instead.Instant overall gearing change. You wouldn't be doing gearchanges all the time with the AUTOmotive trans but when you need a completely different overall gear reduction it would be available. Sort of like the high/low range you have in a 4WD transfer case is used.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:30:58 AM by borris »

VLADD

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 06:25:52 AM »
Welcome boltz,
Glad to see you came ;D
Even if Borris is confusing ::)

borris

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 06:31:41 AM »
I'm a confused guy,what can I say? ;D

SPEC

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 07:53:35 AM »
Welcome Boltz,
I'm really glad to see you made it over here...
I know it's nice to have things sugar -coated.. but when your having problems I think it's best to get a straight foreward answer to the facts...
But I like to play around and BS too...

RC51 Rhino

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 03:52:15 PM »
 I'm using a Honda car 5 speed 'cable shifted' trans for my f-n-r. I got the idea from Arrowheads thread at 'that other site'. Looks very promising, my tranny 'only' weighs about 30 or 40 lbs. I figure on using 3rd or 4rth in the dunes/desert and 5th as an overdrive of sorts if it gets a road plate. I got the 5 spd for 75 bux and I figure I can build the adapter to fit, hard mounted to the frame and just slip the trans into it before bolting it down. Claer as mud? Thought so, I'll be posting some pics as soon as I get started with that part of my build/ thread.

borris

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 04:30:18 PM »
It'll be good to see! Can't wait.

VLADD

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »
THAT OTHER SITE.......
Wait till SPEC gets ahold of this
HE HE HE HE

boltz2012

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 02:07:49 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone. And thanks for making it clear borris. I think I'm gonna do it that way. Yep thats how I'm gonna do it. Cut the bellhousing off and bolt her to the frame and blam, all done with that headache.

RC51 i definitely want to check out some pics of how you do it. Going to get started this week. Had to rebuild the head on my boys Honda this weekend and fix my welder. Going to get a bender today. Anybody got any good suggestions? And what about a notcher? Something that i can notch the end of tubing with? Give me your input. Also going to pick up a big a$$ air compressor today to. Little gas powered one just ain't doing the trick anymore. Then tonight I'm gonna build a work table on wheels that the top will lift up and fold down to one side so i can store it easy. That way its only a table when i need it to be. Also has anybody ever tried to do your own powder coating? I found a good deal on the set up and was wondering how hard it was to do.

Ill keep writing in this thread till i start the buggy. Then i will start a new thread on it. If thats cool with the "powers that be" that is. I'm really digging this site man. I think you guys did an awesome job of setting it up and I'm glad i could be part of the beginning group of people to come here.

SPEC

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 05:23:22 AM »
good suggestions? And what about a notcher? Something that i can notch the end of tubing with?
That brings up a good point if you go to the tip,tools and tricks there are several posts on notchers, tables ect...

boltz2012

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 12:41:06 AM »
Thanks spec for pointing me in the right direction.

SPEC

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 05:39:53 AM »
Your welcome,
Anything I can do to help...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal