Author Topic: Fabr's Car-VW/busa crossbreed  (Read 266545 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: Fabr's Car-VW/busa crossbreed
« Reply #990 on: August 17, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
Weighed the pig today.1850 pounds dry with the heavy desert tires on it .I need to weigh the tire/wheels to see how much heavier but I'm thinking about 100 pounds difference.
:-\

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #991 on: August 18, 2010, 05:51:05 AM »
LOL!!! This car was never meant as a light weight sand car.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #992 on: August 18, 2010, 06:07:12 AM »
Wow, 1850.  Wouldn't have guessed that high.  Might be those crappy scales. ;D  Good thing you and wife dont weigh 100lbs.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #993 on: August 18, 2010, 06:15:14 AM »
FWIW,guys I have never been a fan of the light weight sand cars. If I want to go fast I'll buckle into the dragster.Keep in mind this is for the wife and mine(based off this car) will have just a bit more oomph to it. 800 ish HP and several hundred foot pounds torque. With the V-8 and what not I should come in at under 2500 for it.  This car has come in about 250 heavier than target as I was shooting for 1600 but at least 100 pounds of that is the heavy off road tires/wheels. 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #994 on: August 18, 2010, 07:33:47 AM »
I better not give ya any $hit, I'm quickly gaining on ya!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #995 on: August 18, 2010, 10:43:18 AM »
My car is not a mini. Damn near full size. The V-8 version will only be approx 10 longer wheelbase,same width.  I weigh out at approx 600 pounds per wheel rear and 350 per wheel front. Approx 58% rear. I like that. I think......................................
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:10:13 AM by masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #996 on: August 31, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »
ya that's some weight, I have not weighed mine but I'm betting it's 1600 - 1800 ish.   I wouldn't have guessed yours to be that heavy but fiberglass work etc etc does add up fast. so first ride?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #997 on: August 31, 2010, 09:16:45 PM »
I better not give ya any $hit, I'm quickly gaining on ya!

I choose not to comment as well.  rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #998 on: September 17, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »
Well,I've been a bit quiet about how the car has done so far. I had a few minor loose ends to tie up before it was LS ready and I still have one issue to deal with but..................................................I FLOGGED the hell out of it today,getting into boost but not running to redline due to being too lean still yet(the one issue). It's about right gearing for tighter areas and likely good for maybe 60 MPH cruising(99 mph @redline of 10,600 rpm) with the 091 in 4th. Currently 4th is 1.39:1 . That ,I think would be perfect for 3rd in the 091 with a higher 4th. So what I'm saying is that I may be a bit top end limited at LS if I don't get it richened up in boost. HOWEVER,this thing is a rocket considering it's 2000 pounds wet ,with full tank of gas,  desert tires, me in it  and powered by a puny 1.3 liter,torque lacking, fooking 4 cylinder Japanese bike motor. GAWD!,these things sound so cool!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 06:44:17 PM by masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #999 on: September 17, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »
So which chassis dyno are you hitting next week.   ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #1000 on: September 17, 2010, 08:29:05 PM »
I'd like to find one wide enough somewhere. LOL!!!!! BUT,I do have onboard wideband and datalogger for throttle position/rpm/AFR/boost b ut somehow I forgot to connect fuel pressure in eyes but I can tune this sucker nonetheless . I just hope I don't lift a head or burn something  first! ;D ;D Real world condition logging actually works pretty well. Done it several times before but now its over 3 years ago and welllll.......the memory ain't what it used to be soooooo........I have some relearning to do.  eyes eyes  The HKS SSV bov sounds cool as hell . It's right behind my head. Love it. First thing I'm going to do tomorrow is verify that the fuel pressure is actually rising with boost. Might be why I'm so lean now. The hahn setup ,from all I've read,comes base mapped so rich it should be running maybe 11.5:1 AFR but I'm seeing spikes of 15+:1 on the widwband guage. I'll do some logging this weekend I hope or it'll be me and enemy tuning our shit all next week at LS hoping for the best. rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1001 on: September 17, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »
I'd like to find one wide enough somewhere. LOL!!!!! BUT,I do have onboard wideband and datalogger for throttle position/rpm/AFR/boost b ut somehow I forgot to connect fuel pressure in eyes but I can tune this sucker nonetheless . I just hope I don't lift a head or burn something  first! ;D ;D Real world condition logging actually works pretty well. Done it several times before but now its over 3 years ago and welllll.......the memory ain't what it used to be soooooo........I have some relearning to do.  eyes eyes  The HKS SSV bov sounds cool as hell . It's right behind my head. Love it. First thing I'm going to do tomorrow is verify that the fuel pressure is actually rising with boost. Might be why I'm so lean now. The hahn setup ,from all I've read,comes base mapped so rich it should be running maybe 11.5:1 AFR but I'm seeing spikes of 15+:1 on the widwband guage. I'll do some logging this weekend I hope or it'll be me and enemy tuning our shit all next week at LS hoping for the best. rofl

So your going to play russian roulette....   ;D ;D   kick   ;D ;D

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #1002 on: September 17, 2010, 09:47:32 PM »
First thing I'm going to do tomorrow is verify that the fuel pressure is actually rising with boost. Might be why I'm so lean noweyes  The HKS SSV bov sounds cool as he. The hahn setup ,from all I've read,comes base mapped so rich it should be running maybe 11.5:1 AFR but I'm seeing spikes of 15+:1 on the widwband guage. I'll do some logging this weekend I hope or it'll be me and enemy tuning our shit all next week at LS hoping for the best. rofl

LOL Yup!!
I'm fighting some areas right now too. My boost areas were fat as hell with the original hahn map. (still is!) I spent the entire evening last night getting Logworks the way I had it before switching my laptop over to Windows 7 .  Are you using the Aux box or the dl 32? ...Cant remember..Sailor Jerry is currently distracting me..

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #1003 on: September 17, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
dl32 is on it. have you used the internal logger on the hahn box any?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #1004 on: September 17, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »
Not much.. I trust the aux box/logworks over it. So far. Although, I read lower boost pressure through the Aux box versus the Tru-Boost reading, So I have plenty more investigating to do yet.... ??? ???
 drowning

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal