Author Topic: The Waynoka Wood Guy Ramp Fund-Please Help a Fellow Duner  (Read 6582 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: The Waynoka Wood Guy Ramp Fund-Please Help a Fellow Duner
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 09:49:15 AM »
Much thanks to Doug H and Matt (voodochinkin) for there donations. 

I think that puts the ramp fund up to about $1300.00 now.  And again a big thanks to Jeff aka Yummi for posting this thread over on GD.com.  There has been a huge out pooring of support from that site.  Them people didn't even know who Clark Bliss was but yet have dug deep and donated.  We will see to it that Clark will get a big list of each person that has donated.  Maybe some kind of plaque that he can hang on the wall.  Later

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 07:34:06 AM »
Got any updates Glen?
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 12:35:33 PM »
Got any updates Glen?

Glad you ask.  They kicked him out of the hospital.  Seem's he was chasing and terrorizing all the nurse's on his floor while in his wheel chair.   They have sent him to a care home in Woodword Okc about fifty miles from his home.  My wife and I picked up his wife Karen and went to visit him last Saturday and he was in supper spirit's.  they are not going to let him put any weight on his right foot for eight weeks because of his crushed heel.  Still don't know if he can put any weight on his hip's as yet eather.  Got a text from Jerry and Kay and they went down yesterday and Karen had him out in outside commens area. 

We are waiting on the physical therapy people to find out just what is going to come down about if he will do much walking in the future.  He and we think he will but we're in the dark right now.

Picture is Clark terrorizing the masses at the hospital. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 06:37:38 AM »
New update on the Clark the wood guy from our good friend Dan (Sandvw)

I am talking with Clark and he did get good report from the doctor in OK
City. He is not walking yet but able to lift one leg up sitting or laying in
the bed. He is very positive about recovering and if he did not have the
broken heel it would be a lot better for his recover.
He told me he spends 12 hours in the wheelchair where before he could only
spend a couple when he first started getting in the chair. That along is a
big improvement.

He talked like when he does go home it will not be in a wheelchair. He said
he might have to use a walker but maybe not the chair.

From me (Fastcorvairs)

Still have not done anything with the ramp at Clark's home as yet.  We are waiting for how it plays out with the broken heel.  If Clark can come home using only a walker then the Ramp will not be needed.  To all the good people that has contributed to the ramp fund please send me a PM and let me know if you want me to return your donation or like some others have suggested present Clark with the money to uses as he sees fit. Maybe by him a big truck load of fire wood.  I believe at last count we had about $1600.00 in the fund. 

Thanks to all that have sent goodwill wishes and offered help. This site rocks in my books. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:41:47 AM by fastcorvairs »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 06:52:39 AM »
Great news for sure.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 07:21:39 AM »

Still have not done anything with the ramp at Clark's home as yet.  We are waiting for how it plays out with the broken heel.  If Clark can come home using only a walker then the Ramp will not be needed. To all the good people that has contributed to the ramp fund please send me a PM and let me know if you want me to return your donation or like some others have suggested present Clark with the money to uses as he sees fit. Maybe by him a big truck load of fire wood.  I believe at last count we had about $1600.00 in the fund. 

Thanks to all that have sent goodwill wishes and offered help. This site rocks in my books.

Can't speak for everybody, but I don't want it back. Confident there is a need there that you can address; it is just not yet well defined. Once it is then you can let us all know.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »
Glenn,
I have $400.00 here in CA. that I received from people and sending it to Karen tonight. Keep in mind Clark has 4-5 weeks of recovery before he really knows for sure. Hope there is no need for the ramp.
I do know there are some expenses along with the recover. Gas for sure for driving. He does have the positive attitude for the recovery.
I too want to thank all of the people that donated money. I have talked with several people that said they would send money directly to them too.
Later
DAN

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 09:15:06 PM »
Don't want it back. Sure they need either way.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 09:31:39 PM »
Glenn,
I have $400.00 here in CA. that I received from people and sending it to Karen tonight. Keep in mind Clark has 4-5 weeks of recovery before he really knows for sure. Hope there is no need for the ramp.
I do know there are some expenses along with the recover. Gas for sure for driving. He does have the positive attitude for the recovery.
I too want to thank all of the people that donated money. I have talked with several people that said they would send money directly to them too.
Later
DAN

That is why I have been setting on the donations.  We will see how the PT goes and the heel when he starts putting pressure on it.  All the donations that were paypaled to me are still in my pay pal account.  I have five checks here that I will need to contack the senders on.  I know most has and will just send it on to Clark and Karen.  I will contack Jerry about acquiring a truck load of fire wood for Clark also. That would help them out quit a bit if we don't do the ramp.

Offline sandycrack

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 06:59:01 AM »
Sounds like it will be put to good use.  I don't need it back.  Will keep him in our prayers.
You smell that?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »
We have and update on Clark the wood guy.

The doctor and nurses have spoken.   Clark has to be out of there by next Friday 6-14-13.  Word is that he has been leaving black skid marks up and down the hallways and doing wheelies and cutting donuts in the chow hall.  All while blasting tunes from his I-pod.  Doctor said that they would not take the time to post speed limits in the hall because Clark has been exceeding them anyways so they are just going to kick him to the curb.   Sooooooooooooooo flash forward to today and the plan is, I and the wife will meet Jerry Cass aka SandSavory at Clarks House early morning next Tuesday 6-11-13 to make said Wheelchair ramp happen.   Mr Cass is the engineer of our group, I am only good at bending nails and smashing fingers. But make an excellent corner posts.  Mr Bliss (Clark)  has indicated that all he will really will require is a small ramp constructed at the back stoop going from his garage into his house.  We will make that happen.  The expense will not be that great so with what is left of the fund's we are going to bring in sixteen ricks of wood for him to sell at the campsites next winter.   That is what Jerry can carry on his flatbed gooseneck.  Jerry and I will unload it into Clark's storage building.   Any remaining funds will be presented to Clark and Karen when we finish.  Again we thank all that has contributed to this endeavor.  Clark is a very good friend and would do it for anyone else if given the opportunity.  Pictures are of him getting into his car.  The doctors stipulated that he must be able to maneuver in and out of a vehicle before being released.

Word just in is he has been making harassing phone calls from the back seat at the local Macy D's.  LOL
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:43:35 PM by fastcorvairs »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
Update on the wheelchair ramp.

Jerry, my self and the wife headed off to LS country early this morning and made it all happen.  Nope no time in the sand this time but got to make some serious sawdust.  Jerry was the brains of the crew and I just did what the boss said.  I'm good at putting screws in boards and stuff like that.  Small ramp did not take us to long once we figgered out just how we wanted to approach it.  When we were done with the back door ramp we set out to take care of a smaller one for the front door.  Karen Clark's wife said that he like's to sit out on the front porch and have his morning coffee.   So we built up the landing on the front door steep some for him.  Karen drew up a sign for him. I told her to tell him no wheelies or dancing on the new ramp.  And not be using it for a launch ramp. lol.   Said when he is done with it to use it for a boat dock down on the river. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:44:03 PM by fastcorvairs »

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 05:34:53 AM »
Love the sign, but all that did was give him ideas!!   rofl rofl

You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 05:57:29 AM »
Good on you both for helping out. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal