Author Topic: Strike One for Arizona  (Read 1706 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Strike One for Arizona
« on: July 29, 2010, 06:10:55 AM »
WTH is wrong with this picture? Arizona just wants the fed gov to enforce the law . Arizona wants to help . Arizona is told they cannot enforce federal immigration law. That's it in a nutshell. What I want to know is when do I get to pick and choose which laws to obey. With no negative consequences.  This is BS. Either change the law or enforce it.   
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: Strike One for Arizona
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 07:11:23 AM »
There is a heck of a lot more at stake then Pedro and Rosales.  This is not over. This will become a huge states rights issue. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 08:30:47 AM »
States don't have any rights don't you know that yet?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 10:50:19 AM »
 bs1 bs1 bs1  I assume that its not against any local/state laws to be here illegally?   bs1  So for local/state police to help there must be a law.  But the Feds sue because "thats our job".  Really you suck at it.  I think AZ or any state should sue the Feds for failure to do their job.

Reminds me of when I would have a party,  when everyone pissed me off I would yell

You an't gotta go home, but you can't stay here
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:26:16 PM »
The precedent that Obummer wants to set is pretty disturbing.  No local or state police could arrest someone for terrorism, kidnapping, or any other federal crime.  eyes

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 07:20:16 AM »
The precedent that Obummer wants to set is pretty disturbing.  No local or state police could arrest someone for terrorism, kidnapping, or any other federal crime.  eyes

No they simply want to select which one to help with depending on political gain. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 07:29:30 AM »
BINGO! We have a winner!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline thedoctor

• Fabricator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »
I have tried to stay out of the political part of the forum, but I have the same beliefs as most of you. In my opinion, Obama wants to ram amnesty down our throats so he might get the newly legalized votes. Or could he want the support of the companies that profit from illegal workers. Or is he afraid the states might take some power from his power hungry government. Fortunately my state[Missouri] is voting on whether the government can force people to buy health insurance. I suppose we will be his next target for a lawsuit. Tim
In the words of my father "Never give up too soon, you might miss a good piece."

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
My neighbor,brace yourselves.Pres. Obama is on his way!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

LiveWire

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 06:56:31 AM »
Many of the parts of the Arizona law do not exist at the federal level. For example driving an illegal alien being illegal. It is very common for state laws to step in where federal laws leave off. If a precedent were set that there cannot be state laws that go further than federal laws, I think it will cause a firestorm of criminals getting off on the argument the state law they violated is not valid. The argument is that this has already been the case, just not enforced. Attorneys of those already in prison would be having a field day.

In an article I read about large numbers of Arizona illegals moving (many to Pennsylvania) before the law kicked in. One was a woman who was married to a legal citizen. All she had to do was fill out some paperwork. That would then require her to pay taxes though so the couple was moving instead. I have worked with a large number of Canadians here in MI. They fill out some papers and get a work Visa. Some even have apartments here so they do not have to cross the border during the week. It certainly doesn't seem to me like for those willing to do it the right way, that it is very difficult. A friend married a Canadian woman. With the proper paperwork filled out, she was on the fast track to citizenship.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal