Author Topic: Immigrants -Then and NOW  (Read 4119 times)

chrishallett83

Re: Immigrants -Then and NOW
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 05:10:21 AM »
These days they'd be called racists, and be accused of race profiling,
 my great grand parents moved to america from sweden when my grandfather was a small child, at age 16 they signed and allowed him to join the millitary, Because they felt the need to protect this country and what it stood for...
As a small child it was easy for him to learn english....while my great grandparents had a hard time they spoke with thick swedish accents till they died They were proud americans...Not swedeish -american...not european americans....But proud Americans period yes we ate lefse and lutefisk on swedish holidays...but they didn't make a big deal out of it like they did for the american holidays...4th of july was huge to them
I remember as a small child, how my great grandma, would speak of her disgust with the slacks demanding equal rights, she came here with none and had to earn them...How much she despised the asian people because they were deceitful and decieving, She flat out hated the Nazi's prolly a good thing she couldn't go over there...She lost a son in wwII and 4 grandsons in Korea/vietnam...Race mixing...that would send her into such a fit she'd start cussing in pure Swede rofl She was labled as being predudiced...She loved this country and what it stood for so much she had to run a full section farm nearly by herself because the men in her life were fighting and dying for this country...
This is not a single family that saved the world...It is prolly the story of many immigrants of the past...
The people of my heritage have been labled as Racists...they were americans...Proud Americans...They stood their ground...Did things the right way...came here LEGALLY...PAID THEIR DUES...FOUGHT AND DIED... AND GOT LABLED AS RACISTS...I GUESS I'M ONE TOO
As a kid with a hippie/liberal mother...and a strict ass millitary Grandfather who was raising me it used to make me giggle

Spec, your great grandma sounds like a pretty cool person (sounds a lot like my german step-grandmother), but those bits I bolded? Isn't that racism?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 05:51:28 AM »
This topic has NOTHING to do with racism. Racism is NOT behind everything we do/say. Get the fook over it guys. Common sense is NOT racism. PERIOD! The topic at hand is illegal immigration. It has NOTHING to do with racism.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 07:41:09 AM »
The "H" is to remind us that his middle name is "Hussein."  It's important for self identity to remember where you came from.  In this case, Eng is just helping him remember his origins in the event that he ever wants to return. 

It's a public service thing on behalf of Eng. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SPEC

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 12:26:58 PM »
This topic has NOTHING to do with racism. Racism is NOT behind everything we do/say. Get the fook over it guys. Common sense is NOT racism. PERIOD! The topic at hand is illegal immigration. It has NOTHING to do with racism.

That's a fact...But if your against Illegal's you get labeled as a racist...no matter what

Chris
She was something else...Tough old bat ;D
But she was definately biased in her thinking...

chrishallett83

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 10:07:22 PM »
The "H" is to remind us that his middle name is "Hussein."  It's important for self identity to remember where you came from.  In this case, Eng is just helping him remember his origins in the event that he ever wants to return. 

It's a public service thing on behalf of Eng.

Oh, I get it - H for Hawaii. No wuckers.

SPEC

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »
I just got this in an E-Mail.....
ENJOY

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 09:20:47 AM »
Firstly let me just tell you I am a moderate.  I own a small business, let Uncle Sam take his more than fair share of what I believe to be mine, and also like the idea of Mexicans becoming LEGAL US citizens.  Many of them are willing to do the work that many of us just don't want to do...

However.... That last post from Spec pisses me off to no end.  We don't owe them $h!t... I do however know a few who owe the U.S. some back taxes.  Oh and one more thing, I don't like too many police officers, but threatening to shoot them for doing there job, even if it is racial profiling is still Bull$h!t.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

SPEC

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 09:25:09 AM »
NOW IF THAT ISN'T A TERRORISTIC THREAT i DON'T KNOW WHAT IS...
tHAT FOOKER OUGHT TO BE IN JAIL BY NOW

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »
What? A HERO in jail? You do realize he IS a hero to those standing around him don't you? Honestly I don't know if that is a legit pic or not. There's not one Mexican flag in the pic sooooooooo.......... it MIGHT be a bogus pic. However that doesn't change the fact that there are many many people that believe in  that crap.

BTW,the pic came from me and has not been verified to be legit. It was sent to me by one of my somewhat radical friends.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 10:19:52 AM »
I would like to know if that sign is real or someone aritifcially stirring the pot.

If real and they shoot some cops that will be the match that lights the fuse to kick any and all out with the military and line the border with "Shoot on sight" orders.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 10:36:03 AM »
If there were a few Mexican flags in  the group I'd be positive of the authenticity. Since there is none I'm skeptical but as I still say there's wayyyyyyy to many that do believe in that crap.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »
What? A HERO in jail? You do realize he IS a hero to those standing around him don't you? Honestly I don't know if that is a legit pic or not. There's not one Mexican flag in the pic sooooooooo.......... it MIGHT be a bogus pic. However that doesn't change the fact that there are many many people that believe in  that crap.

Bingo Master

Go on the internet and put in what the sign said and you'll find that it is photoshoped.  Really pulled the hair up on the back of neck when I got it to until I checked it out.  If you all want to get your dwar's in a wad read yesterdays news where the Hawaiian Governor has made it a law now that no one has to provide any more paper work to prove BHO's birth certificate.  A law mind you.  That's BS. 

BTW,the pic came from me and has not been verified to be legit. It was sent to me by one of my somewhat radical friends.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline jsbm

• VIP
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
I remember the hispanic community trying to do this a year or so ago nation wide. There was a lot hype leading up to their boycott but I don't remember hearing much after, I think this article says A LOT.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »
I do not recall exactly where but overseas there was a place had the same kind of problem.

They got rid of all the system draining illegals.

They lost a lil in the economy BUT saved like ten times as much on what they were being drained of.

If this sets in and goes nationwwide (We can only hope!) once hte drain is gone people will see they are not contributing all that much anyways.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
I agree but it'll never happen here. Fooking politicians are bought and paid for by those that do not contribute a fooking thing to the system that allows them the free ride. I'm getting fooking tired of sending in my money for others to enjoy at my expense. I think I'm the idiot in the equation though as I have nearly all I need in life now. I need to just get "off the radar" if you know what I mean.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal