Author Topic: BASHING THE US.  (Read 15718 times)

trojan

Re: BASHING THE US.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »
No, some Americans act like greedy assholes, we call 'em out on it... see the difference.
If you're getting upset at that, you gotta ask yourself a couple of hard questions ::)
You know Dennis Leary right, he's an American... he gad a song a few years back.....

If it's upsetting you, ask yourself: why? honestly and earnestly - to yourself. I don't care what the answer is, it's your question.

You guys talk Iran down... yet they are out in the street protesting their reality. They do this with REAL AND GRAVE DANGER.... you guys just piss and moan like a bunch of house wives discussing their favourite soap.

SPEC

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »
If it's upsetting you, ask yourself: why? honestly and earnestly - to yourself. I don't care what the answer is, it's your question.

You guys talk Iran down... yet they are out in the street protesting their reality. They do this with REAL AND GRAVE DANGER.... you guys just piss and moan like a bunch of house wives discussing their favourite soap.

And what is it you do?
I didn't say that to piss you off...It was an honest question...
we can beat this thing in the head till the cows come home...
Iran...as far as I'm concerned should be a giant crater and have a nice green glow when the sun sets...and the rest of the middle east...
If it's so bad here why do we have the illegal immigrant problem...
Why is it when we ship C-30's worth of food to somalia they riot?
I gotta say I saw a documentary on Cuban healthcare....I'm thinking I'd have been better off there than getting hurt on the job here.....So why have the cubans been riding rafts thru the devils triangle to be illegals here?

trojan

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »

If it's so bad here why do we have the illegal immigrant problem...
Why is it when we ship C-30's worth of food to somalia they riot?
So why have the cubans been riding rafts thru the devils triangle to be illegals here?

The answer to all 3 is the same: Greed.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »
Well, firstly Ill say that Setic is now on my personal banned list, I wont be using it again ....  I guess you would have to understand the Aussie mentality to see that its actually not a bad thing.... for those that dont know Aussies use a rhymming slang that originated from our cockney forebears. Basically a Septic Tank = Yank.... same as a "dogs eye and dead horse" is a pie and sauce or a "joe blake" is a snake.... Weird as... but just the way it is.

Spec, you know me well enough to know that If I wanted to insult you I would just come out and say it, any of you, not just Spec.

US bashing.... well I am outnumbered on here...so I should be careful about what I say... but I wont....

Reality is there is a lot for the rest of the world NOT to be happy about. Reality is there is a lot for the rest of the world TO be happy about.

If you believe in this stuff, then perhaps judgement day will show how the balance sheet looks.

Spec and I had this conversation recently.... as a non US citizen, I and my ilk have always looked upon you guys as the aggressors..... another war (or police action) kicks off and its common to hear comments like "bloody septics at it again"....

Truth isover the last couple of years I have gotten to know a lot of you guys and some pretty closely. My thinking is having somewhat of a U turn.... (or has already had..).

The vast majority of you guys are very decent fellows. Of course SOME are indeed the loud brash aggressive sterotypical image that I had.... (I dont really want to look too closely at home.... ::)), but its my experience (now) that they are the minority.

Personally I enjoy the stuff we do on here, I really get a kick out of going up against a sharp mind (sometimes I even win... not often...).

If anyone here is taking offense at my rantings, PM me, take me to task and explain to me why you are offended. If your concerns are valid, then I will listen and modify my behaviour. Of course if you are being a wanker I will tell you so.

Aussies are incredible piss-takers. We tease the crap outta each other constantly. We rarely fight, we talk (mostly), if there is a problem. In my social circles (its large) we often gang up on each other...some nights its my turn to be the target, you just take it, laugh and tell em all to get stuffed.

My point is WE dont take offense at that stuff.... but WE are different from YOU.... what is fun in my world may well be offensive in yours...so please TELL ME if it is....

Leading to..... this final point..... most of my posts (the arguementative ones anyway) are this 'teasing' that Ive just discussed..... Im not here to fight with you or offend you...Im here to have fun...and learn...

Noew.... get stuffed!
I absolutely agree with you and the rest of the world about this. But if we didn't who would? I'm not saying we were even 50/50 right in what we did but for the times we were right ,again,WHO was going to? Get stuffed! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
No, some Americans act like greedy assholes, we call 'em out on it... see the difference.
If you're getting upset at that, you gotta ask yourself a couple of hard questions ::)
You know Dennis Leary right, he's an American... he gad a song a few years back.....

Your average Aussie is far better informed than your average Yank. Why? basically because they choose to be. Look at the opinions expressed here for example. Just coz you don't like that fact doesn't make it untrue....

Here's an example, you piss and moan about responsibility in government but I'm yet to see one of you accept responsibility for voting for Bush TWICE!!!!! in the "rest of the world" we call that childish.

For the "Greatest country in the world" you come waaaaaayyy down in important rankings like health or education or standard of living or percentage of population in jail.
Are all Australians as arrogant as you? Well,I guess not-Artie isn't anyway.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 07:37:39 PM »
Troj....
Buddy...
I have always conscidered us freinds...
I still do
I think that you don't listen...you hear what people say...I sometimes think it goes in one ear and out the other...never even hitting the richterscale...
We ship thousands of tons to Somalia because we're GREEDY?
WHAAAAAA??????? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?

People risk their lives to immagrate here cuz we're GREEDY ASSHOLES.....

WHAAAAAAA? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Please .....
as my freind explain this to me...
That statement makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENCE TO ME ::) ???

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »
Does he ever?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 07:39:44 PM »
Anymore that is.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

artie on edge

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »
Mate, I am hearing you. Personally I always seem to find time to support the underdogs... often im wrong as it turns out.

To answer you, I think in reality, no one should do it. Before you jump on me, lets think about it a little. Go back to WWII. Seriously, you guys were NOT going to involve yourselves in someone elses fight.

In fact it was only after you were attacked that you jumped in.

I aplaud your country for this. I think you acted reasonably and responsibly.

However, for whatever reason, since that time, the US has indeed been in the thick of things and rarely in your own backyard.

Go back up a few lines... no one should do it. BUT, if the UN were not so toothless and showed a little more balls, there would be no NEED for you or I or any of our mates from any of the lands represented on this forum to stick our noses in where it really isnt warranted, we would ALL do it, in an unbiased non  commercial manner.

Just think...if a UN force led the war on terror, who would the terrorists 'blame' then? If no one country had outright control of the UN and it really was a unilateral force..who would the terrorists 'point the finger' at?

Either ALL of us, or none of us... of course there will always be that old hatred of the US for whatever 'slight' was perpetrated (real or imagined) on some maniacs great grandmothers dog 213 years ago... You cant legislate for hate, bigotry or idiots.....

I say that we BUILD the UN into a serious force. WE ALL declare to the world that we are withdrawing ALL our forces from what ever land they acurrently are in and we set a timeframe (say 5 years) fo rthis. So its time to build the UN, time for individuals to lobby the UN fo rassistance, time for those that are in danger without our presence to "get out of Dodge City".

I may be simplistic in my thinking (thats been said before). I would love to live in a world that isnt fighting each other....

Only thing is.... How would we control this UN monster? Think Skynet and Arnie..... "Ill be back".....

trojan

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 07:47:10 PM »
Are all Australians as arrogant as you? Well,I guess not-Artie isn't anyway.

Nope, just like "all Americans" aren't as charitable, understanding or insightful as you :-*

artie on edge

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »
And yes WE did jump into that fight from the outset...dont forget that we are a part of the Commonwealth. We had no choice and back in those days it was the right thing to do.... What her Majesty and Winston command, we do... not so much now... but in truth thats what being part of the British Empire means...

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 07:53:55 PM »
Mate, I am hearing you. Personally I always seem to find time to support the underdogs... often im wrong as it turns out.

To answer you, I think in reality, no one should do it. Before you jump on me, lets think about it a little. Go back to WWII. Seriously, you guys were NOT going to involve yourselves in someone elses fight.

In fact it was only after you were attacked that you jumped in.

I aplaud your country for this. I think you acted reasonably and responsibly.

However, for whatever reason, since that time, the US has indeed been in the thick of things and rarely in your own backyard.

Go back up a few lines... no one should do it. BUT, if the UN were not so toothless and showed a little more balls, there would be no NEED for you or I or any of our mates from any of the lands represented on this forum to stick our noses in where it really isnt warranted, we would ALL do it, in an unbiased non  commercial manner.

Just think...if a UN force led the war on terror, who would the terrorists 'blame' then? If no one country had outright control of the UN and it really was a unilateral force..who would the terrorists 'point the finger' at?

Either ALL of us, or none of us... of course there will always be that old hatred of the US for whatever 'slight' was perpetrated (real or imagined) on some maniacs great grandmothers dog 213 years ago... You cant legislate for hate, bigotry or idiots.....

I say that we BUILD the UN into a serious force. WE ALL declare to the world that we are withdrawing ALL our forces from what ever land they acurrently are in and we set a timeframe (say 5 years) fo rthis. So its time to build the UN, time for individuals to lobby the UN fo rassistance, time for those that are in danger without our presence to "get out of Dodge City".

I may be simplistic in my thinking (thats been said before). I would love to live in a world that isnt fighting each other....

Only thing is.... How would we control this UN monster? Think Skynet and Arnie..... "Ill be back".....
Artie,it's a pleasure debating stuff with you unlike trojan. You make a case for your opinion and then go on to another productive point. In this case i agree  completely with you but sadly i must also agree it's too simplistic.there is no such thing as a UN. Oh sure,there is an "organization" called such but it will never be one in reality. So again I have to ask in a different form tho,when the fight is right and no one else is stepping up and we do- is that wrong?  and if not why do we get nothing but scorn?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

artie on edge

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »
Yes mate..I think it is wrong. Thats the simple answer, its not the complete answer, Its not even the RIGHT answer... but it is the only answer. If we cant get all the other things into perspective that is.

Yes Im more than willing to go out and champion the cause of the underdog.

Provided MY BACKYARD is in good order. Guys, mine ISNT. It needs work..... hows yours?

trojan

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 07:59:17 PM »
Troj....
Buddy...
I have always conscidered us freinds...
I still do
I think that you don't listen...you hear what people say...I sometimes think it goes in one ear and out the other...never even hitting the richterscale...
We ship thousands of tons to Somalia because we're GREEDY?
WHAAAAAA??????? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?

People risk their lives to immagrate here cuz we're GREEDY ASSHOLES.....

WHAAAAAAA? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Please .....
as my freind explain this to me...
That statement makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENCE TO ME ::) ???

I would like to take this opportunity to illustrate ONE of the problems here: it's always ABOUT you ::)

the greed of the people receiving the aid causes the riot. Granted that greed is seeded by starvation....

it can be greed (among other things) that motivates a person who already has their essentials covered to leave it behind and become an illegal alien.

Sooner or later you've gotta ask yourselves why you get so upset if you don't understand something.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »
Yes mate..I think it is wrong. Thats the simple answer, its not the complete answer, Its not even the RIGHT answer... but it is the only answer. If we cant get all the other things into perspective that is.

Yes Im more than willing to go out and champion the cause of the underdog.

Provided MY BACKYARD is in good order. Guys, mine ISNT. It needs work..... hows yours?
ours certainly needs some yardwork. no argument there.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal