Author Topic: This is for the boss!!!  (Read 3411 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: This is for the boss!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 06:21:03 AM »
LOL!!!!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Admin

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 09:36:16 PM »
:)

SPEC

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
EEEEWWWWWW

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »
O good Gawd!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 01:39:05 AM »
My dad died of cancer 2-1/2 years ago.  He had a history of skin cancer/sun spots/moles from years on an open tractor.  He had some removed, sometimes they were dangerous types, sometimes not.  He had one by his ear, that was changing shape.  On the third time bring it up to the doctor he said it was nothing, but finally agreed to take it off.  It turned out to be a stage 4 melonoma, and had already spread to brain, and lungs.  The doctors gave their standard fixes of either burning (laser surgery), cutting (surgery) or poisoning (Chemo) him.  He had been thru all that with prostate cancer 25 years ago.  He spent a couple weeks on the internet looking up alternative treatment possibilities.  Cures came out of the woodwork from everyone.  Herbal, PH balance, more herbal, Vitamin C therapy, etc.  But he knew within a few days from his internet research, that NO ONE had ever survived a stage four melonoma for very long.  The docs gave 6 months.

Mainly to keep others happy he trecked to MD Anderson (which I would recommend) and to get others opinions, and spent $$,$$$.00 trying different things.  He chose not to take any Chemo, mainly because they only thought that it might prolong things a couple months.  IMO he made the right choice.  A few months went by with hardly any symptoms, but then the tumor in his brain started to mess with his speech.  Otherwise he seemed fine.  He didn't spend 1 day sick, until his body suddenly shut down and he was gone in a matter of days.

Everyone's situation is unique.  I think that if you get 3-4 docs opinions and they all generally agree, then you pretty much know what you are dealing with, and can make your own decision based on what they tell you.  I would not take chemo to survive an extra month or two, but if they gave a 40% chance of full recovery, I would demand the poison immediately.

My right hand was crushed in an accident 13 years ago, 8 surgeries and two years later, I had to tell the doctor that I wasn't going to be his guinea pig any longer.  I am sure he would still be operating till this day trying to restore function, but I accepted the reality of what was lost, and moved on with life.

I hope the best for you Boltz.  You are in my prayers.  I trust that you will make the right decision for you.  You are very fortunate to have a woman like yours standing by you.  Keep up the fight.  I look forward to meeting you at LS in the fall.

If we start now maybe we can talk Yummi into making the 20hr drive to our spec of sand at LS to meet everyone.  With Glamis at his back door it doesn't make much sense, but what the heck.

artie on edge

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 03:39:50 AM »
Eng, I just read your post.

From the day I logged on to this site, I liked you mate (and a couple of others, yes you to you orney old bastard). Your words left me with an amazing feeling.

Boltz, when you first made that post describing your condition I was speechless. What could I possibly say that would make a difference to you? Nothing. So I said nothing.

That wasnt to say that I was feeling anything, I just didnt know what to say to you. Ive been where you are right now but obviously I survived. Mine was cancer as well but testicular (still got the boys though).

I did everything I could to survive cause I had two young children and my wife had passed away some years before that.

I had no choice but to beat it.

Man, do whatever it takes if you got a chance....

boltz2012

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 05:04:18 AM »
Thanx for the words Eng..and artie. I have given thia alot of thought. I want everyone here to understand something...Im not going out without a fight. I just chose a different method of fighting it. And if the odds are in my favor..ill let them nuke me. Im just not gonna go through a long drawn out process of chemo. That shit made my grandpa feel way worse than cancer ever did. So i dont have closed thoughts about it. If they told me tomarrow that it would cure me...id tell them to nuke me till i glowed in the dark. My case is a little different. Its to a level now that they arent even wanting to nuke me to put it into remission...they just want to stop the spreading of it. I have some options. Thank you for your words. This site has some really good fellas. People i like to think are my freinds even if from afar.

And yes we should start working on Yummi. I could see him not coming if it was only for the day but we are talking for a week. Id go no matter how far it was. I want the chance to meet some of you guys in person.

As for you Artie. You made me so glad that i have cancer where i have it bro.  ;D I think if one of my fellas were in that kinda peril id off myself. I truely am lucky. ;D On a more serious note i am glad to hear that you overcome yours and that gives me hope. What the real question is...are you gonna be at LS this year? And i dont want to hear no BS excuse about you living to far away. If i can drag my blood coughing ass up there and rip up some sand then you can fly your ass to the states and crash in tent DTS. Hell you can drive my buggy bro and ill have the four wheelers there. Id like to meet you in person also. So what do you say? Im sure we can put you up for a week in a tent and feed you some good ole american food. lol

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

artie on edge

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 05:20:52 PM »
. What the real question is...are you gonna be at LS this year? And i dont want to hear no BS excuse about you living to far away. If i can drag my blood coughing ass up there and rip up some sand then you can fly your ass to the states and crash in tent DTS. Hell you can drive my buggy bro and ill have the four wheelers there. Id like to meet you in person also. So what do you say? Im sure we can put you up for a week in a tent and feed you some good ole american food. lol

Mate you are a nutter!

Strange you should ask this. Ive done a bit of travelling and ive never considered the US as a destination.... until now. Perhaps its because it so much like here.

This year is my girls trip so it wont be until next year  I think... yeah I d love to come over and take the piss outta you bastards to your faces... 8)

SPEC

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 07:35:16 PM »
Shit biotch...
You must think I'm sick...
get right down on your knees and you can........................
Artie we got it going on

Rap music sucks... that's all that was G rated...spend the cash and be a VIP  ill tell ya where not to step in the DOG POOP ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal