Author Topic: Enemy's new ass... AKA moving the Jeffco  (Read 39401 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Enemy's new ass... AKA moving the Jeffco
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2010, 06:47:32 AM »

That's correct on the tie rod. After our first conversation about caliper placement, I drew up a rear-mount caliper setup, but the original shock placement (that I am very happy with  :)) threw a monkey wrench into the whole idea. We'll see how it goes :-\

I'm a bit nervous 'bout LS. I don't have a Banshee on stand by no more! :'( :'(

Not to worry Enemy there will be lot's of open seats I bet. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2010, 07:37:12 AM »
Yeah ,I'm going to owe so many rides I'll wear the car out giving payback rides. I really wish my car would be mobile for this time but due to so many delays getting the CNC going it doesn't appear likely. 95% just won't be done enough. Damn. Oh well ,it'll be great to see all of you.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2010, 07:53:27 AM »
we will know more if you make it over the 11th to take a few test runs over the terraces.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2010, 08:46:53 AM »
Yeah ,I'm going to owe so many rides I'll wear the car out giving payback rides. I really wish my car would be mobile for this time but due to so many delays getting the CNC going it doesn't appear likely. 95% just won't be done enough. Damn. Oh well ,it'll be great to see all of you.

Are you by chance bringing the car anyway so we may all drool over it Fabr? (I think I read that somewhere???) I cant wait to see it in person

So far its been a busy weekend with other stuff but I got some accomplished. Finished up the paint work Friday night and now re-assembling some areas that are finalized! I did run into an "Ooops, sTuPId bRaIN" problem though.. eyes  Moving the box back i noticed that my fuel tank outlet wants to occupy the same territory as the shifter on the Jeffco.. DAMMIT! I am going to have to raise the tank about an inch to find the clearance I need....  kick  Its a good thing this fuel tanks days are numbered...

A few more pics. Wahoo Metal Products delivered as promised Saturday! I have some bearing carriers to build! ;D ;D ;D
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2010, 08:52:12 AM »
we will know more if you make it over the 11th to take a few test runs over the terraces.
Thats still the goal! Keeping my fingers crossed  :-\ :-\
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2010, 09:25:37 AM »
Looking good!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2010, 04:50:27 PM »

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2010, 05:05:42 PM »
That looks really interesting Enemy!  Are the eccentrics grade 8?  I got the vinyl graphics on my helmet the other day!  It looks pretty sick I'll try to get some pictures posted so you can see it!
Sorry Monster, missed your question!  :-* Yup, grade 8 on the eccentrics. DS was hoping I would figure out that the stock suspension bolt that came with it is a grade 5. It did take me a few hours of staring at the assembly on the counter top trying to (once again..) figure out just what the hell I'm trying to build here. ???  ???   :)
 Dammit brain, this better fuggin work..  5:

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »
looks good and I think it will work  ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2010, 07:53:49 PM »
Are you by chance bringing the car anyway so we may all drool over it Fabr? (I think I read that somewhere???) I cant wait to see it in person

So far its been a busy weekend with other stuff but I got some accomplished. Finished up the paint work Friday night and now re-assembling some areas that are finalized! I did run into an "Ooops, sTuPId bRaIN" problem though.. eyes  Moving the box back i noticed that my fuel tank outlet wants to occupy the same territory as the shifter on the Jeffco.. DAMMIT! I am going to have to raise the tank about an inch to find the clearance I need....  kick  Its a good thing this fuel tanks days are numbered...

A few more pics. Wahoo Metal Products delivered as promised Saturday! I have some bearing carriers to build! ;D ;D ;D
Yes,I'm bringing it for sure. Not much chance of me having time to finalize everything AND do a complete teardown for final welding of things like motor mounts and whatnot while getting it reassembled. Good thing I live relatively close to LS. Gotta prove this thing actually exists.LOL!!! As for drooling I'm pretty sure I'll be the one doing that. Looks like you're going to make it with time to spare .Good going!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
fabber you just need to fly doug down and put him to work on you rail!  ;D he'd have it done overnight!   ;) ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »
Maybe he'll just wiggle his magic nose and POOF! it'll be done. My trouble is that business has picked up and cutting into buggy time.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2010, 09:03:05 PM »
He'll you've been able to catch me at work lately haven't you? LOL!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2010, 09:54:15 PM »
Im damn busy working magic here as it is too  :'(

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2010, 07:32:42 AM »
You will get done sooner if you uncross your fingers. It is dam hard to do this stuff with out all your fingers! LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl ;D ;D ;D

Just call me Mr. Obvious.

Just can't resist.

Get to work E!
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal