Author Topic: America-Land of the free or freeloader??????  (Read 3999 times)

trojan

Re: America-Land of the free or freeloader??????
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 01:15:55 AM »
So how about you focus your energy towards the employers.... fight the cause not the symptoms 8)

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 05:51:35 AM »
How about do the smart thing and not allow either to break the law.Why is it that you think either should be allowed to break the laws???????
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 07:06:19 AM »
I don't think either group should break the law. 

Just tired of the hypocrisy in the debate.  Seems that the media can create downright hatred towards the illegals which only promotes bigoted minds as the most easily identifiable thing is their skin.  Tired of folks feigning outrage but with a wink and a nod they get the car washed for $3.00 or their house cleaned. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

trojan

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »
+1

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 07:32:34 AM »
America is one of the most easy to immigrate into legally. And one you get citizenship it is complete citizenship. I we would try and go south we may get to stay but we can't hold government positions, cops, judge, governor anything. Land holdings are tenuous. We must all so a simulate into the culture. Here in Nebraska we do have English declared by law as our state language. But you go to the DMV we still have all the booklets in Tai, Spanish, German, etc. All the road signs are English only. I am not against immigration. I have many friends who moved here from other countries. But they have brought their culture, beliefs, values from their origins and have been able to mix it in with ours while sharing theirs of old with us. They also learned English. They also work, pay taxes and contribute to the community I am glad to have them. But we also have the illegals who want/get free heath care, food, housing, education (in their language) and do not even try to belong.

One bad egg dose not ruin the dozen, but it makes you thing about the other 11.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 09:02:03 AM »
If you want what I have then get a job and work for it.  I wasn't given anything and don't think I'm owed anything.  Most all of us came to America from somewhere else, hopefully legally.  Get a job, go to school, learn English, become a citizen and pay your TAXES.  If you don't pay you don't get no damn free hospital care, education.  How do they buy cars and house. 

Now, we are partly to blame.  We want everything cheaper, not cheap stuff, the good stuff just cheaper.  Clean my house $40, cut my grass $25, work in nasty factory $6/hr, lay rock around my pool for beer.

Make it easy/cheap to become a citizen, punish/fine the offenders.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »
Well, at least some one pointed out that the post that started this was complete Horse shit (no offense, but it was deliberately misleading, aka a lie), but no one has answered the question. 

The debate may rage on, but I say, America- Land of the Free!   ;D

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 12:38:37 PM by T8erhead »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 01:19:57 PM »
I don't think either group should break the law. 

Just tired of the hypocrisy in the debate.  Seems that the media can create downright hatred towards the illegals which only promotes bigoted minds as the most easily identifiable thing is their skin.  Tired of folks feigning outrage but with a wink and a nod they get the car washed for $3.00 or their house cleaned. 
DITTO
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal