Author Topic: New from Michigan  (Read 2061 times)

chickenwings_85

New from Michigan
« on: December 15, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was searching a few sites looking for info on buggys and i was referred to this site by brian at d and s racing.

Im gathering info right now on a 2 seater mini long travel with a hayabusa engine unless i find another engine for a good deal.

My friends and i head up to silver lake several times a year. My 1990 astro van is the only thing i have taken to the dunes and im bored with it now so im moving on to the buggy.

Charles

trans man

Re: New from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 08:51:13 PM »
Welcome to DTS.

There's alot of good info on this forum to help you out. Brian is a stand up guy and has helped me out over the last few years too. 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:53:33 PM by trans man »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »
Welcome to the site. Look around,ask questions. There's always someone with a good answer here.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 09:03:30 PM »
welcome,you'll find what your looking for here rather than dunebuggy.com. if you want to see my newer design check out username enemy's rail.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 07:01:16 AM »
Welcome on board.  Surely you've got some video of that van launching at silver lake.  Come on dont hold out on us. 

I like the van, is it 4x4. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

chickenwings_85

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
Haha, I have video of it at the mud runs during the fair and some at silver lake. I couldn't get to the top of test hill though because it wouldn't down shift. There's a video going around if my friend running a car over with it as well. Im posting from my phone so ill load the videos when I get home.

Charles

chickenwings_85

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
Welcome on board.  Surely you've got some video of that van launching at silver lake.  Come on dont hold out on us. 

I like the van, is it 4x4.

And yeah its 4x4. Its a 1990 astro body on a 1979 blazer frame with 4" blocks and about 8" homemade body mounts. Th350 tranny and a 350 with a quadrajet carb and an edlebrock intake, the exhaust is 2 40 series flowmasters.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal