Author Topic: shocks  (Read 9788 times)

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: shocks
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 12:41:44 PM »
Yes the RC51 build.

I agree with master. Spread the lower shock mounts out further. Alot easier to tune and more support!

southernford246

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2009, 03:00:27 PM »
would i jsut spread them out the difference of what stock is and what size the shock is?

Rick S.

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
You'll need to draw up your arms and mount points in cad. (or cardboard) Then figure out the mount points based on whatever shocks you decide to use.
I don't think this is a question anyone here will be able to answer.
Unless you're building to a plan that someone here is familiar with.

southernford246

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »
well its the piranha with the upswept double a arms in the front

Rick S.

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
You need to get the specs on the shocks they use with this upswept nose design. Then compare these specs to what you decide to use. I've seen the drawings on this design.
But, How many have been built? and how did they perform? does the frame bottom before the shocks bottom? What about bump steer. Do you have to use The Edge rack?
I'd check that design out real good before just going with it.

southernford246

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2009, 04:36:52 PM »
You need to get the specs on the shocks they use with this upswept nose design. Then compare these specs to what you decide to use. I've seen the drawings on this design.
But, How many have been built? and how did they perform? does the frame bottom before the shocks bottom? What about bump steer. Do you have to use The Edge rack?
I'd check that design out real good before just going with it.
they call for the stock front shocks and as far as i know only a few but i havent been able to log in to the edge forum to ask people about it

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »
It does use the Edge rack and I have not heard any thing bad. I do believe the frame bottoms before the shocks but so does all their designs which is wrong IMO. I would build it but I would move the upper shock mounts to the outside and use FOX Airs at the least.

southernford246

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »
what would happen if i used a stiffer spring and moved the upper mout out 1.315"

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
That will not be much of a difference at all. The leverage is still huge and a stiffer spring will just make it a stiffer suspention. That amount of movment on the chassis will not make much of a difference.

southernford246

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2009, 07:20:06 PM »
what if i moved the lower front out 2" that is more than the difference of the stoce vs the fox shock

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2009, 07:55:14 PM »
Basicly you need to change the ratio of the shock travel compared to wheel travel. Like Rick said it is hard for anyone to really help if your not using a already proven design or from plans.

southernford246

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »
then i need to get ahold of russell on the edge forum but i cant login witch sucks

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
Why can you not log in? Whats your E-mail? Ill pass the info on to have him contact you. Russell has been a great customer of mine.

Admin

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2009, 10:07:09 PM »
They wont even approve my account... ???

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »
Edge Sucks... Thats why Im Cutting Edge!!! ;D

Your not missing much. Its kind of a dictatorship there. If there are issues brought up about the buggies they sell the threads are deleted. Well At least the ones I bring up as design flaws or issues that Edge is at fault on. I like the designs (well the looks is really what I mean) for the most part. I always have to add my own upgrades.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal