Author Topic: St.Anthony Dunes Fall Get Together Aug,23-28 2015 with Contact Info  (Read 85129 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: St.Anthony Dunes Fall Get Together Aug,23-28 2015 with Contact Info
« Reply #465 on: August 30, 2015, 07:32:20 AM »
My bad luck is rubbing off on every one.  Here is my good friends truck being towed into the shop.  He camped with me and Mrs Fast the night that my truck died on the hy-way so we would not be alone in a strange small town. The town was a place on  interstate 70 called Park's Kansas, It had three grain elevators, a bar and one small Sinclair gas station.  Dark and scary, I could here banjo's playing all night.   LMAO.  Next morning when Jerry started his truck it hydro-locked on the meth that had drained from his meth tank thru his stuck open shut off valve.  The tow truck guy (Jack's Towing Service) from the nest town south got rich, two 3500 trucks and two 40 foot trailers towed 60 miles back to Hay's Kansas.  This is Jerrys just coming off the tow truck.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #466 on: August 30, 2015, 07:48:24 AM »
Hanging with good people and beast.  This is what gave me the determination to get to St Ann.  I Could not miss out on this for any amount of money. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #467 on: August 30, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »
Looks like fun.  Glad you guys had a good time. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #468 on: August 30, 2015, 01:06:06 PM »
All back home in Georgia. Wheee what a drive , 3900 miles on the truck round trip. Motorcycle rails are not quit enough power for the BIG dunes of st Anthony. Sand was sooo smooth and always seemed to be no tracks. Lake was a blast, nice place to cool off on the couple hot days we had.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #469 on: August 30, 2015, 04:03:42 PM »
WOW
What an effin ADVENTURE!!!
Made it home a little later than anticipated due to a bad ground on my fuel pump relay that I mistaken for another bad fuel pump.. Nothing like laying on the ground of an interstate reststop at 10pm in the eve swapping out pumps to limp to Ogalala, NE  only to find out the problem got worse.. Thanks to DS for having a NIB electric pump for me to swap in and finally pull my head out of my ass and check powers and grounds at the relay (I did take a slight shot to the head earlier in the week  ;D ).. Sure enough, I cranked on the ground post and the problem was solved.. Something simple and it didn't do this on a mountain pass so all good!!

Had a slight mishap in the dunes in a situation where I should of turned out/down instead of going around a car stuck on the peak. It was last second and I made a bad decision. Skied off the peak, landed on the front wheels, skated on those for a second, caught and slammed the car onto its roof then slingshoted back onto the wheels. Rang me and my brothers bell pretty good, and VERY happy to say we always wear our helmets when we go get rowdy in the car. We were sore/stiff from the harness but both felt pretty good by the last day. Thanks to Fast for loaning me a spare fan, and Doug Heim for his quick thinking mad-fab skill with the cut-off wheel. He made short work of my fan shroud and bolted up the new fan for me to get a couple more runs in on the car. Unfortunately heard a popping in the rear end somewhere, so I parked it, grabbed the Brute, and headed too the lake for the rest of the day. GOOD TIMES!!

This trip was just packed full of adventure for everyone in attendance I believe, from break downs to the most amazing sand to cruise on, the yummiest food to indulge, and the greatest group of friends a guy could ever ask for. Already doing some planning for the next year!! ....After DS and I put a new cage on the car of course  ;D

Lots of pics to get loaded and video to render, for now here is a little time lapse I did at camp, something I like to do when I see some puffy clouds in the background.
 ;D ...And just so happened to catch another little "Camp Fire Story" in the process  ;D
 ;D Thanks Fabr!  ;D

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #470 on: August 30, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
Look quickly or you'll miss it! Well,at least I kept it on all 4.  Sarcasm ;D ;D  Probably the only vid of me the whole time. rofl rofl rofl rofl 8) 8)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #471 on: August 30, 2015, 04:28:46 PM »
Unfortunately,all my stuff to vid with was in the toter at the mechanics shop. That sucked as everything needed to have a good time at camp was 8 miles away for the first 2 days.If it weren't for sandvw having his bajabug stored at a friends place we would have been totally screwed. I can't thank him enough for his help!!!!! Thanks to all the others that helped us out as well. Great group of people.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #472 on: August 31, 2015, 07:11:00 AM »
Sorry, DS.  Had to split the topic as Lance was being, well Lance.  (OK, it is a website issue, not Lance, but it make me feel better to blame him.) 

Last post

DSRace:

not the only video fabr but i am having issues getting my adobe premiere elements 9 to accept it. they are lengthy files. never had these issues with the program and my go pro footage before. i did lose 5 videos when the go pro batt went bad while transferring. still got a good one with fabr in it. 

Carry on....
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #473 on: August 31, 2015, 07:24:22 AM »
Look quickly or you'll miss it! Well,at least I kept it on all 4.  Sarcasm ;D ;D  Probably the only vid of me the whole time. rofl rofl rofl rofl 8) 8)

Watch it in HD! Easier to spot LOL!!
Here is another time lapse I did on the way home down highway 30 since the wildfire smoke cleared out and I could finally see! If you watch close on this one you will see Carl for a second until he boosts up, makes a pass and takes off to the next county  ;D
Getting pictures and video off the Replay tonight.

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #474 on: August 31, 2015, 02:55:47 PM »
Man, this trip was a lot of fun.  I was the new guy and they treated me like family; yelled at me, called me names, all the things a family does  LMAO  I learned some new cooking ideas, I DID keep the fire going and everyone warm, I don't know how the name "pyro" got attached.   ;D  I will be  camping with you guys again, so you are warned!  Here are some pics of the group out at Devil's dune:

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #475 on: August 31, 2015, 02:59:40 PM »
These pics are Ron getting stuck and John's (Captain Krash) (I thought lawn dart would have fit) endo. 

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #476 on: August 31, 2015, 03:19:22 PM »
The Buggy Repair Shop; you did not want your buggy here  :'(  Here's Fast working his magic

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #477 on: August 31, 2015, 03:23:47 PM »
Ok, so here is some misc pics, not sure what DS is up to?  :o   LMAO

Thanks for the great times! 

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #478 on: August 31, 2015, 05:16:29 PM »
Looks like it was a great time. I will not miss out next year!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #479 on: August 31, 2015, 07:41:33 PM »
a few pics 1 of carl sleeping dreaming of his dune ride lol 3 pics of fabbr's special rides and 1 of fast and jerry pulling out from the parking lot in front of me from our lunch at iron skillet in york ne on the way home.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal