Author Topic: Caveman from Utah  (Read 2601 times)

dantisocial

Caveman from Utah
« on: November 29, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »
I am an amateur fabricator/builder living in American Fork, Utah. I will be racing with BORR (Bonneville Off-Road Racing, borracing.org) in the upcoming season which starts here the beginning of May. The racing team is "Caveman Racing", hence the subject line. I have built a few sandrails, both VW-based and truggy-style, but am now all fired-up about off road racing. I bought a POS '91 S-10 Blazer to setup for class 7s just in case I can't afford to finish the (in-progress) class 10 car in time for next season. One way or another, I am going racing next year. I bought a bender 6 years ago and have been wasting tubing ever since. The last few months, while working on the class 10 car, I have ventured into making my own trailing arms and spindles. The spindles are about half finished, the rear trailing arms, 90%. I'm saving up for a nice TIG box, but the 10 car needs shocks... decisions, decisions. I started building because I couldn't afford to buy someone else's creations, and never found designs that I wouldn't have done something different with anyway. I also have more time than money, which is a little sad, because I really don't have much time, either. So, making my own desert toys is about the only way I can get out to play.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
Re: Caveman from Utah
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »
Welcome Caveman you'll have to have a look around here there's plenty of talented people you can get ideas from help, even parts made to order! As I said have a look around, :o be sure to have a look at Doug Heim's stuff! ;) You wont be disappointed!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 10:01:08 PM by Reidy02 »
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 10:03:30 PM »
Thanks Reidy!

Yes Welcome to the Site. I look forward to seeing your build!

I think we all have your time / $$$ problem!

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:15:22 AM »

I think we all have your time / $$$ problem!

X2
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

SPEC

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 05:00:17 AM »
Welcome ,
These guys summed it up.....
Time ...Money....and determination 8)

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »
Greetings fellow Utard.  Good luck with your ride and maybe I'll see you out around the desert one day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal