Author Topic: !  (Read 2161 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
!
« on: October 10, 2013, 07:27:49 PM »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: !
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
Oh to be young and dumb again. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 08:13:08 AM »
yummi have you ever been to st Anthony's? have you though about going next year with the group run?    and ya young and dumb but makes for great video's lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 06:42:01 PM »
Those boys are GOOOOODDDD!!!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »
yes they are!! now the real question....how many bones have they broke to get that good?! lol

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
I'm thinking the brain bone was the first bone permanently broken.........................
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
I used to ride in So. Cal. back in my Navy days and spent my downtime watching Crusty Demons of Dirt when we were underway. One time we took a trip down to Rosarito, Mexico and camped on the beach to ride the dunes the next morning. That night in my drunkenness I proudly stated that I was going to find the biggest dune the next morning and smash it like they did in Crusty!

The next morning my buddies didn't let me off the hook. We found the biggest dune we could find. My buddy sat at the top to keep an eye on the LZ and to wave me off if anyone got in the way. I lined up at the bottom, said my prayer to the lord of all that is stupid and pinned it! I was in 4th by the time I got to the top and realized he was waiving frantically... too late! I sailed the biggest jump of my life! It was incredible! I was probably at least 30' up and landed 2/3 of the way down the back slope. My heart was still racing when I came back to the top to my buddy shaking his head. I asked him why he waived me off and he said, "You were hauling ass! I thought you were going to kill yourself!" There were a ton of people gathering, waiting for the next jump. I was going to do it again, but saner heads prevailed and I kept it in second on the next few jumps.

Anyway, I am not a talented rider. I just enjoyed riding and that day I got lucky, nailed a big jump, and walked away feeling far cooler than I was. 
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
heheheheeee!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 09:03:58 PM »
ya you got lucky and had some sort of skills to pull it off!! but that's a tale you get to tell time and time again but did anyone get it on video? lol  prob not going to try it again anytime soon I bet lol

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 12:35:49 PM »
Had there been a video camera it would have probably been a catastrophic failure leading to an airlift!  rofl

What I lacked in skill I made up for in pure stupidity, luck, and a complete disregard for gravity's destructive affect on the human body. I took hits when I was in my early 20's that would keep me out of work for weeks these days. There was one instance when I hit a rooted sage brush, pinned in 5th, racing the same buddy. I went over the handlebars and after all the commotion I heard my bike running next to me, opened my eyes, discovered I could still move and reached over to hit the kill switch. I slowly came to my senses to see my buddy pulling up, shaking his head, and saying, "Jesus man! You don't know when to slow down!"

I was fine aside from the tire marks under my arm (and on my helmet) and my mickey mouse hands after jamming them superman style into the dirt. We paced it and my bike and I stopped about 80' from what was left of the sage brush. The best part was this kid came racing over from a nearby camp, "Dude, I saw the whole thing... YOU FREAKIN' FLEW!" The worst part was we had been there for one hour of the 3 day weekend! I was relegated to resident beer drinker for the weekend. I just had to learn how to open bottles with cartoon hands.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:44:47 PM by komelika »
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal