Author Topic: 2010 Camaro on the lot! (PICS)  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
2010 Camaro on the lot! (PICS)
« on: May 31, 2009, 10:24:30 PM »
Well I didn't know if it would ever happen, but I saw a new Camaro on the lot tonight.

Looked pretty sweet!  The MSRP was $28K.  I had my checkbook out, then saw that it was a V6. :P :P :P

Rear tires are 275 / 40 on 20" rim.

Guages are 69 Camaroish.

Offline Boostinjdm

Re: 2010 Camaro on the lot! (PICS)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:25:30 AM »
  The MSRP was $28K.  I had my checkbook out,

Can I borrow your checkbook?
This post has been edited due to content.

artie on edge

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 03:03:08 AM »
yeah I got a cheque book that is like that. I can write any sized cheque I like... (doesnt mean its going to be able to be presented though......)  :police:  :police:  :police:

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:15 AM »
 I had my checkbook out, then saw that it was a V6.

There's Obama's finger in the Auto biz again.  Looks cool at redlight but get outrun by Smart Car.  :o
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 07:32:38 AM »
Check the specs on the v6 - not a bad little power plant....  Not the 8, but not bad for what it is.  304hp.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:33:36 AM »
304 is for poosies.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:35:31 AM »

SPEC

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »
Sure is a looker
I didn't find any torque numbers for it tho-

Admin

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 09:02:33 AM »
yeah I got a cheque book that is like that. I can write any sized cheque I like... (doesnt mean its going to be able to be presented though......)  :police:  :police:  :police:

Engineer doesnt have that problem... :) That's what 7 days a week and no vacation gets ya... :)

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 11:10:37 AM »
There's Obama's finger in the Auto biz again.  Looks cool at redlight but get outrun by Smart Car.  :o

You shitn me?  You're gonna blame a guy that has been in office a few months, for something that's been in the works for years.  I think it is a better example of how GM got to where they're at. ::)
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 12:46:16 PM »
You shitn me?  You're gonna blame a guy that has been in office a few months, for something that's been in the works for years.  I think it is a better example of how GM got to where they're at. ::)

My only blame with him is trying to throw money at them to fix the problem. Auto ind needs to be quicker to respond to change.  Still think US consumers wants a car with enough room to haul some dead bodies in trunk.  50 mpg would be great, but I don't see it in a vehicle that I would buy, not without some new technology.  That kinda goes back to my 2nd sentence, Auto ind needs to be quicker to respond to change.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 03:16:03 PM »
the v6 has got plenty of pep, my dad is an engineering group manager at the oshawa assembly plant, he's been working on the camaro launch for the last year. he's had this one parked in his driveway since the middle of april. i've had it out quite a few times, loads of fun. it's a little bit of trouble too. cops can't help but take a look. if i remember right, i'm pretty sure he said the v6 had 305 hp and 290 ft/lbs of torque.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:18:42 PM by Tydra »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
the v6 has got plenty of pep, my dad is an engineering group manager at the oshawa assembly plant, he's been working on the camaro launch for the last year. he's had this one parked in his driveway since the middle of april. i've had it out quite a few times, loads of fun. it's a little bit of trouble too. cops can't help but take a look. if i remember right, i'm pretty sure he said the v6 had 305 hp and 290 ft/lbs of torque.

Them HP figures sound allot like the Cad New Star v6 HP's.  I wounder if it mite be the same motor?  305 HP and 290 FPT

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Tydra

• VIP
  • GRASSHOPPER
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 03:26:13 PM »
yep, same 3.6l dual overhead cam motor that the put is the CTS. they have a single overhead cam same block motor that the were putting in the pontiac G6 sport, 260 hp, but pontiac is no more, and GM is in bankrupcy protection. i'd love to pick one up, may be a collectors piece in 10 years.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:28:56 PM by Tydra »

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »
yep, same 3.6l dual overhead cam motor that the put is the CTS. they have a single overhead cam same block motor that the were putting in the pontiac G6 sport, 260 hp, but pontiac is no more, and GM is in bankrupcy protection. i'd love to pick one up, may be a collectors piece in 10 years.

I would love to pick up one of the motors.  That New Star is one bad motor for a buggy. About 35 40 more HP then my Short Star.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal