Author Topic: fox 2.0 air ?  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Jerry

fox 2.0 air ?
« on: December 05, 2008, 06:16:21 PM »
I just drop the car on all fours for the frist time. (way cool it rolls). The shocks are stock. The rear ones i can compress all most all the way they are 10 inch travel by just pressing down on the rear of the car. I have not set ride height ( not sure how)? I think oil is what makes the shocks compression stiffer?  The stocks should not be that easy to compress right?

Admin

Re: fox 2.0 air ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »
you got a nitrogen setup? If so put 200 lbs in them and see what that does... Set the ride height is easy, i would start by setting the car so that 7.5" of the shock shaft is showing...

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:20:04 AM »
Make sure you jack the rail up so the tires are not touching the ground, then add the nitrogen.  Get it where you want the ride height, if it still bottoms out, you can add up to 30cc's of oil to them.  Make sure you get shock oil, you can get it from Kartek, and it would be a good idea to get a no air loss gauge to inflate the shocks so it's accurate. 

To add the oil, jack the rail up so the wheels are not touching, let the nitro out of the shocks, remove the entire brass inlet valve assembly, and use a syringe that you can buy at walmart or other med places.......

robndeb

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »
Make sure you jack the rail up so the tires are not touching the ground, then add the nitrogen.  Get it where you want the ride height, if it still bottoms out, you can add up to 30cc's of oil to them.  Make sure you get shock oil, you can get it from Kartek, and it would be a good idea to get a no air loss gauge to inflate the shocks so it's accurate. 

To add the oil, jack the rail up so the wheels are not touching, let the nitro out of the shocks, remove the entire brass inlet valve assembly, and use a syringe that you can buy at walmart or other med places.......

Does anybody offer a complete kit for adjusting these shocks?
I have access to nitrogen tanks, but I would need everything else.

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »
Does anybody offer a complete kit for adjusting these shocks?
I have access to nitrogen tanks, but I would need everything else.
I bought my gauges at the local welding supply store. I had a 3 foot long braided hose made at the local trucking supply shop with quick disconnects, and I bought my no pressure loss inflation gauge from kartek.....

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

robndeb

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 07:08:05 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal