Author Topic: When is enough ENOUGH with those doing this with our money. Cash 4 clunnkers  (Read 10219 times)

trojan

more ranting and no proof..... I am dissaponted... but not surprised....

I used to like to read your stuff Trojan but anymore its just blah blah Wiki Blah blah Wiki. blah blah. Sorry but it is. Even the blah blah aint hardly worth reading anymore.

Indeed ::)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
I rest my case.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Boys, play nice? 

We can disagree without being harsh to each other.  There is plenty of harsh shit in the world.  Death, disease, you name it - the world is a tough place.  (Hang on - I will wiki something as an example....  ;D

The point is, save the mock outrage for shit that is outrageous. 

Just my $.02
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
Well I KNOW I am not ranting casue it does not say so on Wiki!

And thats the word of God it is!
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
BTW, if you don't play nice, I will buy the space capsule, lock you both in with one can of beans and two spoons for a few days.  That ought to make you get along.

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Well I KNOW I am not ranting casue it does not say so on Wiki!

And thats the word of God it is!

Feel better now? 

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
Ok this is off topic but if the beans are in refferance to farts in an enclosed space you NEED to try the new Kellogs Fiber Plus bars. They come in Chocolate chip and Dark Almond Fudge. Frigging delicious and easy to eat the whole box. But you WILL have more gas with these if you eat to many than you would think a person can possibly produce! And its a smell you don't normall make. Its bad. But GREAT if used properly! By the way this was all done with self testing and No Wiki....

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Ok this is off topic but if the beans are in refferance to farts in an enclosed space you NEED to try the new Kellogs Fiber Plus bars. They come in Chocolate chip and Dark Almond Fudge. Frigging delicious and easy to eat the whole box. But you WILL have more gas with these if you eat to many than you would think a person can possibly produce! And its a smell you don't normall make. Its bad. But GREAT if used properly! By the way this was all done with self testing and No Wiki....

The fiber one bars do the same - helped me loose some weight as they tasted like candy but only 100 calories each.  So far off topic, but I know spec could use that energy if he put his mind to it. 

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
I was trying the Fiber ones and (at least in my internal chemistry) they cannot compare to the Kellogs Fiber Plus for gas produced. Plus the Kellogs DO taste a lot better (again to me) and are cheaper too.

I recommend you try them! But not if you have an airplane flight in the next day or a meeting you MUST attend where you are not the boss! Eat the whole box and look out.  Be funny in a theature. lol
Record long ones. The box even warns you to start slowy to allow your body to adjust! lol. Again the smell is precious bad.

Quote: New users: Increase your fiber intake gradually. Gastrointestinal discomfort may occur until your body adjusts.

trojan

Lithium batteries sit at about a dollar per watt hour. the US uses about 444,292,237,442,922 watts in one hour.
So just for one hour's electricity (on average, not accounting for peak load) it would take US$444,292,237,442,922
Even if the price per watt hour comes down to the projected $0.35 by 2012 that will still cost US$155,502,283,105,023 per hour stored and given the dependability of the production source I could easily see at least 12 hours needed? that would take US$1,866,027,397,260,270!!!!

1.8 QUADRILLION dollars JUST for the storage... large scale solar costs about US$5 per watt to set up.

with lithium being used for the grid and EV's etc how soon will we come to "Peak Lithium" just like we did with peak oil?

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Fair enough.  But does all the solar or wind have to stored as battery?  Can it be stored as kinetic? For example, pump water uphill to release at night? 

SPEC

Good point Yummi,
We had stock tanks with the windmill...Yes when I was a kid we had a working windmill ;D
I dont see why not since most towns, and cities already have watertowers

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Sorry,yummi and spec but trojan's right on this. You can't store electricity large scale in any practical way.That's why we are dependent on conventional generators powered by whatever(water,coal,nuke) that can adjust to the required output as needed on a large scale.  .We cannot just overproduce or underproduce.Too much and breakers start tripping and we have  blackouts.Too little and it's brown out time. That's why solar and wind as the primary source of generated electricity -for the national power grid-is quite a way off. For small scale use though ,mostly single home use,where battery storage is practical wind and solar are great and the hardware is readily available to make it doable.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Fair enough.  But does all the solar or wind have to stored as battery?  Can it be stored as kinetic? For example, pump water uphill to release at night? 

Sort of like a perpetual motion machine.It sounds like it should work but they suffer from the same problem.It takes more energy than you will have returned for a net loss. The only kinetic water energy that is practical is  reservoirs ,rivers,waterfalls,tidal.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SPEC

I think Yumster was reffering to one aspect of how to Use the power while it was being made...Water for your home was the example... instead of having an on demand pump for your house water pump it into a "water tower" and let gravity take care of your water needs when either the sun is down or the wind is not blowing...that was my refference about the windmills

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal