Author Topic: Yummi's Sporadic Video Thread  (Read 14741 times)

Offline BDKW1

Re: Yummi's Sporadic Video Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2014, 06:05:00 PM »
Can you tell us more? Is it more desert terrain? That's more what I'm looking for anyway.

Not sure it's a KOA anymore, not that it matters. http://www.glamisnorth.com/

Have also stayed at Bashford's. http://www.bashfords.com/bashweb1.htm Bashford's is a little more on the retired snow bird side. They may frown on a loud buggy late at night. They also lock the front gates after like 11? Not that you can't unbolt them from the hinges and still get in...........

A GPS in your car is handy for finding your way around out there. Also, having 100 mile+ fuel range is mandatory along with bringing fuel with you to the campground. It's a ways to the gas station. The American Legion in Niland serves up a decent breakfast and cheap drinks Sunday morning.....

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2014, 06:22:17 PM »
did fast make it out and ride with you this last week?

that would be a negative ghost rider.  Fast was buzy'er then two cats covering poo all week. Only made it to the sand three days.  Helped a friend pull two storage containers out from behind his place.  Went house looking with another friend looking for property in Yuma.  Spend one day putting in my new seats from Jet Trim.  First day in the sand was Sunday after Xmas.  Two hour's in I busted a lower hime on the steering.  Deepest hole at Glamis with fifty mph wind. front end buried four feet deep in the hill.  Had to pull it back some and dig it out.  Had spare hime in wing trunk.  Fixed it and drove out.  Had a very close call with a runaway buggy.  Jerry Cass parked on top of the dune to  warn other's that we were in the hole.  We were just getting ready to pull mine back and down the hill came Jerry's buggy.  My wife seen it and screamed buggy, just in time for Jerry and Dan to step back.  Told Jerry that would be a hard one to explain, dunner ran over by own buggy.  Jerry left his car out of gear on a flat spot, wind blow'ed the sand out from under the rear tires and down it came.  Next two days in the sand was grate.  Had some assume runs with Don leading.  Don just turned 81 on Dec the eight by the way.  Drive's a Ls1 Tec Three like he stole it.  Never left the south end over by Patton Hill and area.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:27:43 PM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2014, 06:32:57 PM »

Not sure it's a KOA anymore, not that it matters. http://www.glamisnorth.com/

Have also stayed at Bashford's. http://www.bashfords.com/bashweb1.htm Bashford's is a little more on the retired snow bird side. They may frown on a loud buggy late at night. They also lock the front gates after like 11? Not that you can't unbolt them from the hinges and still get in...........

A GPS in your car is handy for finding your way around out there. Also, having 100 mile+ fuel range is mandatory along with bringing fuel with you to the campground. It's a ways to the gas station. The American Legion in Niland serves up a decent breakfast and cheap drinks Sunday morning.....
I'll check that stuff out. Thanks for the info!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2014, 06:35:13 PM »
that would be a negative ghost rider.  Fast was buzy'er then two cats covering poo all week. Only made it to the sand three days.  Helped a friend pull two storage containers out from behind his place.  Went house looking with another friend looking for property in Yuma.  Spend one day putting in my new seats from Jet Trim.  First day in the sand was Sunday after Xmas.  Two hour's in I busted a lower hime on the steering.  Deepest hole at Glamis with fifty mph wind. front end buried four feet deep in the hill.  Had to pull it back some and dig it out.  Had spare hime in wing trunk.  Fixed it and drove out.  Had a very close call with a runaway buggy.  Jerry Cass parked on top of the dune to  warn other's that we were in the hole.  We were just getting ready to pull mine back and down the hill came Jerry's buggy.  My wife seen it and screamed buggy, just in time for Jerry and Dan to step back.  Told Jerry that would be a hard one to explain, dunner ran over by own buggy.  Jerry left his car out of gear on a flat spot, wind blow'ed the sand out from under the rear tires and down it came.  Next two days in the sand was grate.  Had some assume runs with Don leading.  Don just turned 81 on Dec the eight by the way.  Drive's a Ls1 Tec Three like he stole it.  Never left the south end over by Patton Hill and area.
Damn,sure wish I was there this time.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »

well sounds good and bad but as long as you had fun and mrs's fast took pics it's all good lol
I have seen two guy get ran over by their own buggy's lol   
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2014, 06:34:36 AM »
Mikey (Cheese and Crackers or Big Mikey @ GD)  had some great footage. His vector go pro mount and his crazy ass driving is the bomb. Love the shot at about 10-15 seconds......

So I stole it! (Thanks Mikey)

Used some excess footage and threw this together real quick. Besides, the song is funkalicious.

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal