Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9233 times)

Monster_44

Hello
« on: March 18, 2010, 03:09:17 PM »
Hello everyone!  My buddy Enemy told me about this site so I decided to check it out.  It's very nice, lots of good info.  I'm new to buggy building and have plans of building a little bit bigger trophy kart on steriods!  I'm 6'4" so I dont really fit in a normal trophy kart!  I'm looking at putting a 1000cc engine in it!  Should be fun, I'm trying to figure out dimensions of the frame.  This being my first build I really don't have a clue where to start so that's why I'm here to let all you really smart people give me some help(I hope)!  I'm looking forward to checking out all your builds and maybe we'll see ya on a dune or trail some day! ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:59:35 PM »
WELCOME to the site. Best thing to do first is decide on a powerplant and what driveline you want before designing a thing otherwise.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Monster_44

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »
Thanks Masterfabr, I've got a buddy(Enemy) that has a 1000cc Honda CBR motor, trans, Harness, computer, gauge cluster so that's what I was thinking engine wise.  As far as suspension I was thinking of either trailing arms or a arms for the rear.  As far as travel goes somewhere around 16 -18 front, 20-22 for the rear.  I plan on playing in dirt and sand so what is your opinion on the rear suspension? I've seen the trophy karts running a solid rear axle with a 3 link setup with a mono shock i believe, and the ebk karts running trailing arms with a jackshaft and 3 chains, not a huge fan of either with the bigger engine I will be running. Like I said I'm totally new to this so any suggestions would be much appreciated!  Do you have any idea on what the dimensions are on a trophy kart as far as length, width, height, things of that nature.  I've been looking everywhere trying to find some sort of info on the dimensions so I could get a rough guess as to what I'm planning around.  Thanks for responding!  Enemy has nothing but good things to say about you!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:48:00 PM by Monster_44 »

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:07:54 PM »
Welcome and good to see get on here Monster! (bout damn time  ;D ;D ) I still have yet to get a chance to do a little searching on the trophy cart to see what they are all about. If you have some links to pictures and videos post them up! I'm sure others would like to check these out as well
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Monster_44

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »
Enemy your wish is my command oh wise one!

http://www.trophykart.com/main.htm

http://www.extremebajakarts.com/

The EBK is built by either Goot or Gootjr.  I really like the design of the ebk.  They have a lot of pics and video of both their karts on the pages.  The ebk elite is only running a 250cc four stroke Kawasaki and it looks like it halls balls!  I can only imagine what a 1000cc engine could do, in fact we'll be finding out soon enough hopefully! >:D  Did you get anymore done to your suspension?  Prolly not after I left and Chris showed up! Maybe we should get doug heim involved in this to he might have some info as well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:34:24 PM by Monster_44 »

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 05:27:31 PM »
You want to plant a 1000cc's into one of those??!! Ok, I'm not the wise one for recommending that.. Holy shit that would be INSANE
 bounce
Good grief, you are crazy.

Suspension is coming along! I found "The G Spot" for the tie rods last night WOOHOO! I'll get some more pics up this weekend..
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
ok it just got interesting ;D  :o ;D  you will get all kinds of idea's on this site. nice to have you on here.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »
Enemy you saying someone is crazy it the pot calling the kettle black!
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Monster_44

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
Me Crazy, noooooooo!  So yeah...we would have to build it a little bigger, like a mini trophy truck instead of a mini trophy kart.  That's what I was telling you when I asked if you were sure I should put a 1000cc in that little ass kart!  Get those pics up I wanna see em!  So with mother nature giving us the finger before she leaves you prolly wont have your garage party tonight huh? 

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 08:44:02 PM »
I do believe I'm gunna have a little G-Rage-Gather tomorrow eve if any are interested.. Grilling some of my GD Burgers ;D ...now that they have become loved in 5 counties and 3 states!

(sorry, probably a bit of a drive for some of ya ;) )

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 04:44:30 PM »
It won't be too far when you're in LS! I hear you're doing the burgers?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »
Master, ya read my damn mind! (or one or the voices..) :-\
 I was thinking about that a bit tonight.. I just stocked my deep-freeze with a half of a DAMN FINE pasture grazed Kansas cow from my Pappy. ;D ;D ;D ;D.
 I'm thinking of bringing down 5lbs of ground beef and and making up some "famous some day"  ;) WaHoo Burgers..

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 08:48:46 AM »
I'll volunteer to do the burger burning Friday night if you want.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 09:14:18 AM »
I'll volunteer to do the burger burning Friday night if you want.

Yell yea!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 09:18:27 AM »
deal.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal