Author Topic: Glamis folks. Have you seen the tiny VW car?  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Glamis folks. Have you seen the tiny VW car?
« on: January 31, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »
Many years ago I was at Glamis and saw what had to be one of the smallest sand cars using a VW engine and trans I had ever seen. And for reasons unknown I did not get pics of it!

This car sort of resembled the first Mongooses, It was blue when I saw and the guy had built it for his girlfriend so as to have her in a cage. This was truly a mini and the engine if I recall right was mid engine and it was a tiny one seater.

The front suspension was NOT VW but again similar to the Mongoose. The engine (Vw air cooled) actually stuck out the sides of the frame behind the drivers butt. It was extremely well done.

Does anyone know of this car? Thanks Bill
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Glamis folks. Have you seen the tiny VW car?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:01:30 AM »
Many years ago I was at Glamis and saw what had to be one of the smallest sand cars using a VW engine and trans I had ever seen. And for reasons unknown I did not get pics of it!

This car sort of resembled the first Mongooses, It was blue when I saw and the guy had built it for his girlfriend so as to have her in a cage. This was truly a mini and the engine if I recall right was mid engine and it was a tiny one seater.

The front suspension was NOT VW but again similar to the Mongoose. The engine (Vw air cooled) actually stuck out the sides of the frame behind the drivers butt. It was extremely well done.

Does anyone know of this car? Thanks Bill

Somewhere on a thumb drive I have a picture of this car jumping Patton hill.  I'll try to find it.  Also seen it's sister for sale last year on GD.com. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:26:36 AM »
before my time i'm guessing lol but it would be interesting to see a pic or two!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »
Here is the sister to the blue one. Mite even be the blue one repainted.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 05:37:44 PM »
That's a pretty bitchen little car.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »
 +1 that is a very cool 1 seater...
Who built these??
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 08:40:31 PM »
+1 that is a very cool 1 seater...
Who built these??
8) 8) 8)
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 09:12:08 PM »
I am thinking thats the sister car as the one I saw was a little simpler and a little more mongoosey!

But its DEF in the same line of thought.

Thinking of this (future ride maybe) with turbo Subee power. And an Automatic. Some of those new Subees are faster than hell.

I do not recall side panels on the one I saw but it could have and they could have been added. I do think it seemed a little smaller though.  Yes smaller than that. It was small and amazing how well the engine and tranny were in it!

But THANKS for the pic! Its close to what I was trying to recall.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal