Author Topic: Anybody have experaince with a soft tonneau cover?  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Anybody have experaince with a soft tonneau cover?
« on: April 25, 2011, 05:28:40 PM »
Thinking about getting a tonneau cover for the truck.  Figured some folks here might have first hand experience.  The one i keep seeming to come back to is the "Access Lorado" which would be $438.00 after coupon code and free shipping. 

Tonneau Cover

Some are about $100.00 less and I was wondering if there are folks with first hand experience on this brand or any other?  Price point etc?  Some show the funky wires, etc and I want to avoid that look.

Is the $438.00 model better than the $380.00 one? 

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:31:04 PM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

trans man

Re: Anybody have experaince with a soft tonneau cover?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:33:26 PM »
The one on my truck is an Access brand and I love the hell out of it. After installing it, I got another 2 mpg on the highway. 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:36:01 AM by trans man »

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
A couple places I've worked sold the axcess (?) brand and insisted they were the best.  I only installed a few so I really don't have much personal experience. 
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:24:13 PM »
I have the Lorado.  I like the latch at the back one side dose it automatically, and the other is you just slide in if you want. No cables. The best thing I have put on my truck next to the step bars(my fat ass had a hard time jumping in). I had a topper on my old truck, and I loved that. But with my gooseneck trailer I love being able to just roll the cover up and go. Only leaking I have had is coming in at the stake holes. I did put a gasket on the tail gate as I had snow come up around the tail gate. Just buy it. I doubt you will be sorry you did. Bet you wonder why you waited.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:26:31 PM by Dunebound69 »
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »
Ive owned two Access covers now. The best there is IMO! About to purchase my third.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:28:12 AM »
Depending on where you buy the cover most will install it for free. I bought an access cover for my truck. It's nice if you use your box a lot.
http://www.agricover.com/index.php/products/category/C9/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:33:59 AM by Wyattboche »

nagel

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 06:13:52 AM »
I have an Access cover on my F150 as well.  Looks nice, rolls up nice, looks like no wires or battens across (it has 3 battens though, but they don't really look like they are there when its on and pulled tight).

Installation was so easy, took maybe 15 minutes, including unpacking the box.

My only disappointment is the plastic pieces in the latching system.  If your tension isn't set correctly, you can crack them in cold weather.  Would much rather have a small aluminum latch there.  The upside, the parts to fix this aren't that much.

I think I paid about $250 for it in 2008.  Looking at prices now... WOWZERS...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal