Author Topic: Tresspassers  (Read 8578 times)

SPEC

Re: Tresspassers
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2009, 07:12:44 PM »
From somebody who has paid a fortune in time spent in the slam and money wasted...
lemme tell you guys this...
all the legalities of this are simple
Call the city council and bitch
call the sheriff and bitch, and explain your case to him
consult with a lawyer
then put your house up for sale and take the law into your own hands...or hire someone from out of town to do the deed... Baseball bat up side the head get's everybodies attention...everybody understands a good ol' beating...My drug dealing Nabe is walking away from his house with just 1 raid from the cops... and alittle 12 GA cleaning in the window from me...laser sighted stuff on his head didn't hurt either...Boost this is too late for this winter...plant a garden there next summer...post it as a livelyhood, next winter it will be a felony to tresspass and run over the crops you make a living with...you can protect your livelyhood with barbed wire if you know what I mean

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2009, 07:38:56 PM »
Barb wire = effective fence. ;D ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2009, 07:43:59 PM »
Well just which one of the previous suggestions are going to do a thing to stop the problem? There wasn't a single suggestion that would work. Ultimately fences DO.

Doh!  I thought we were discussing the concept of trespass, not a solution.  Picky picky.....
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
Welllllll,in THAT case! LOL!!!! 8) ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »
Like I said before, other people in town have already been advised by thier lawyers to take down thier fences to avoid liability problems.  But, I'm kinda thinking a bright yellow telephone pole fence might do the job.  At least in one part where they cut through the most.  I see the power company has been replacing poles in town and have more marked to do.
The way I understand it is eventhough some dumbass runs into a fence, the property owner is liable.  I already got the kids in town to stay off my property by telling them if they got hurt, I would rather finish them off and throw them in the burn hole than pay for thier stupidity.  Haven't seen any since. ;D

The main reason I want to stop all of them isn't just because they're tresspassing.  It's because once there is a set of tracks running through, then everybody thinks it's ok to go through.  And once in a while, there's an asshole that decides to see what his sled will do at 2am after leaving the bar.  That's really the person or persons I have a problem with.  The majority of them go a tolerable speed and don't really bother me, except when I am standing out there in plain sight and they don't even attempt to ask permission.  So from what I've seen snowmobilers are like sheep, to stop one, you got to stop them all.

As far as who's job it is to protect the place...It's my right to protect myself and my property if I choose to.  It's LE's job to enforce the law all the time.  That's what they're paid to do.

I don't expect the sheriff to stake out my place, that's why I came up with the video idea.  By reviewing the tape, they are witnessing the crime.  But even then I was told they usually only get a warning or win in court anyway.

somebody said lazy LE.  I have to agree.  Bogus judges fit in there too.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
Oh ya, the basis for getting LE involved in the first place was to cause enough people, enough of a hassle the word would get around. If it was only one guy or even a small group causing the problem.  I would take care of it myself.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »
The phone poles in a bright color,while maybe unsightly yet very effective, should relieve you of any liability if an idiot hits them.A wire strung at neck height ,while effective, would be negligent and you would be liable. IMO you should also post the No Trespassing signs abundantly also.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2009, 09:05:52 PM »
unsightly, doesn't bother me.  they would be clear at the back of my property.  I'll see if I can catch some of the workers tommarrow to see what they do with the old poles.  The best part is where I plan to put them is an old railroad bed bordered by trees north of my property so when they come into town and get to the poles, they're going to have to get off thier sleds and drag them to turn around.  But I do think the bright yellow poles would cover my ass as far as liability is concerned.  If they can't see a bright yellow 8" to 10" pole, they have no business operating anything.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2009, 06:44:28 AM »
Mental note:Dont trespass on the "pickle mans land"
Read somewhere else dont string the wire, just lay on the ground and it raps around the track, tangled up mess.  If someone ask you where just replacing some fence that got tore down and left the supplies there yestersay eve.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SPEC

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2009, 07:07:36 AM »
Yup it does ;D
MMMMM BBBBOOOOOOBBBBIE TRAPS ;)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2009, 10:47:10 AM »
Boobie traps will get you sued ,or worse, charged with a crime. Sounds like a good BAD idea to me.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Admin

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 12:08:51 PM »
So the old railroad bed is now your property?

SPEC

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »
Boobie traps will get you sued ,or worse, charged with a crime. Sounds like a good BAD idea to me.

Ya that was many years ago...And worked like a charm...Now days it's best to have freinds/customers with badges...Have them come over to pick up their fresh ground sausage, at a time you know the fook heads are usually doing it ;D
I just did that today while the dickhead Nabe was moving out ;D
One quick call to dudes proby officer and no tell moving...TE HE TE HE,
Funny how things can change

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2009, 04:05:56 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal