Author Topic: I like to smoke meat! ;D  (Read 4289 times)

405dentech

Re: I like to smoke meat! ;D
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 11:08:22 PM »
Oh yeah, the Oven part. Put them in a baking pan half full of water covered with foil. They will just fall off the bone when you go to take them off the grill.

405dentech

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »
Pacman. Take some pics. we can have the most delicious rib contest. ;D hey Spec where the hell are my pickles. ;D

SPEC

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 04:46:04 AM »
The sealer had a problem, it snowed 2 feet...Both are true...I should get the new seal today or tomarrow for the sealer...Got the snow pushed, broke the sno-blower...well, Specinator broke it...
Back on topic...
My 1st smoker, was in an old barrel, with the kit I think you should be able to control your heat well, BUT with out 2 stacks you will have trouble controling the smake flavor...I been smoking everything under the sun since I was a kid...(not that funny stuff either you SICK-O's)
For ribs I would suggest an oak and cherry mix, or a hickory and apple mix...no balsam,pine or ANY CONIFEROUS WOOD YOU WILL GET A SHITTY RESIDUE IN THE SMOKER THAT YOU WILL NEVER GET OUT OF IT
One last point before you cook in it you need to burn it for at leat 6 hours,Hot at first to set the steel then medium with lots of smoke to season the smoker it self...Trust me you will be glad you did...unless you like the taste of out gased metal :o ;D
Her'es a couple of shots of mine in action, the 2 stacks control the smoke level below the gate and above the grate, and the over-all temp in the smoke chamber

AdollarShort...

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 06:11:45 AM »
I'd really like to see some pics of the chimney system on that thing. It sure looks like it does a fine job!

We had a smoked turkey this year at thanksgiving, and WOW. I'll never eat another one cooked in the oven again.

SPEC

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 06:19:58 AM »
Me either...For the holidays I alway smoke a couple of hams and turkeys, But nobody would chip in on the cost...just stuff as much in their face as they could... This yearwe didn't have the funds so somebody else did the turkey...NASTY...I'll get some pix soon ;D Thanks Yummi

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 06:32:49 AM »
Great smoker Pac...

I have one, and dig using it......

We downsized on the holiday meal this year as there were fewer of us, now, don't laugh, this was a gift from my sister a few years back and it rocks - remember the Ron Popeil Showtime Rotisserie?   

That thing kicks ass on chicken and turkey.   
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Pacman

• Resident Smart Ass
  • Fabricator
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »
Well.....it works great! One thing I did learn....do not let the wife and my 19 year old son make the rub..... :o My ass is going to hate me in the AM! Owch! Them was some hot fricken ribs.... :-X

SPEC

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 05:07:37 AM »
Looks good pac,
nummy numm ribs

405dentech

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »
Yep those look great! I got too drunk and forgot to take pics. ;D Looks like you won by default. ;D They were delicious though.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 04:46:18 PM »
Pacman. Take some pics. we can have the most delicious rib contest. ;D hey Spec where the hell are my pickles. ;D
Patience! They are worth the wait! I'm sitting here right now eating some of specs fxxking hot ass chili and his first ever pickled corn! YUMMY!,great stuff! If you guys try him out I guarantee you'll be a repeat customer.Get my check yet,spec?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 06:55:06 PM »
Not yet , did you follow the receipe i posted?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »
Nope not this time.Used some of your hot spices.Shit all it takes is a fricken pinch.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 05:56:19 AM »
I warned ya ;D
If you would have followed the receipe it would have been a duplicate of the stuff I made in SYRAHOLE ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal