Author Topic: Pre-running in my DD.  (Read 1353 times)

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
Pre-running in my DD.
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »
I haven't been around much lately.  Been busy with full time school and work and side jobs at my shop.  I have been getting involved with Bonneville Off-road Racing as well. 

I took a ride out to Wendover, NV on Friday night for some blackjack, and woke up Saturday to prerun the area where the Wendover 300 is next weekend.  I'll be riding co-dawg in a 1450 truck.  I can't say for sure that we were on the course as there are hundreds of miles of roads out there, but I was following some pink tape markers for 50-60 miles, and saw a badass class 1 on the same trail.  Here's a short vid of the area.  You can see some snow capped peaks in the distance; I'm pretty sure the course goes up, over them, and back.  There is also tons of high speed flats.  I was driving my stock Tacoma, so no high speed video this time.

Next weekend will by my first race as well as the driver's.  We are just hoping for a finish.

SPEC

Re: Pre-running in my DD.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
Thats The stuff jj:

Icky

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 12:55:12 AM »
Stock tacoma? IF it says Pre Runner on the rear fender like mine then you should've been passing that Class 1 car :s I've hit 60 at the Drags in Glamis with mine, wish i had that on vid  ;D Good luck with the race should be fun.

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:25:08 AM »
Not a pre-runner.  In Utah I gots to have the 4x4.  It is a capable little truck, but I don't pretend it's fast, especially when the big boys come out to play.  I'll get more vid and pics this weekend.  The course is virgin in many areas; ie. never been raced.  There are some REAL tight parts through steep-walled washes and canyons.  And of course there is plenty of high speed flats- you can see Bonneville speedway salt flats from several elevated parts of the course. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal