Author Topic: RZR XP1K  (Read 14011 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
Re: RZR XP1K
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 07:01:08 PM »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 07:34:30 PM »
Ouch but not bad for what it appears to give you. Guess I need to see some vid of it stock being put thru the paces first.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 07:59:58 PM »

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »
Looks like they handle very well,still a bit wimpy in the cage area.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 05:27:33 AM »
I believe I read its a fully welded cage instead of the bolt together crap.  But I'm with you Fabr, my first mod would be weld some tubes.  Also these are built for the masses; sand, desert, farm, woods, mud.  Did you catch the wheel travel vs ground clearence?  bs1 

The Limo version, AKA the 4 seater, there talk of it coming end of yr. 

Think there a Polaris dealership about 20 miles south of LS, wonder if they do test drives?  ;D
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 06:05:33 AM »
Welded or not doesn't really bother me,it's the lack of triangulation. I know tho that for most peeps it would be quite adequate. Put another way,some people could wreck an anvil.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 08:29:43 AM »
The base price is 20K as mentioned above, but you can upgrade for different uses. I think the desert package is an additional $1500. I agree that the upper cage seems chinsy. My friend's wildcat made me nervous too, but he has rolled it at least three times apparently at speed at least once and it didn't budge. I don't know how the insurance works on these things, but he has had more than one claim to replace body panels and scratched up roll bars and he hasn't been cancelled or beat up on premiums. I'm sure the insurance company will figure that before I get one though!

Another thing, It seems like these manufacturers would make damn sure the cage is safe to avoid law suits. I'm betting the cage is way better than it looks.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 08:38:32 AM »
I just "built" a virtual one for 25k!  :o

Bargain if you don't want to jack with full blown buggy, but lots of nice cars to be had for 25k.  Real issue is you have to pay cash for a car but can finance a buggy. 

This will severely impact resale of buggies at or below 25k as the potential buyers will have a good option they can finance and insure.  Buggies above 25k will still be good but again, potential buyer market is slimming on down.   

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »
I just "built" a virtual one for 25k!  :o

Bargain if you don't want to jack with full blown buggy, but lots of nice cars to be had for 25k.  Real issue is you have to pay cash for a car but can finance a buggy. 

This will severely impact resale of buggies at or below 25k as the potential buyers will have a good option they can finance and insure.  Buggies above 25k will still be good but again, potential buyer market is slimming on down.   

Considering the market. People who spend 25K+ on sand cars and buggies either have the technical capability to work on them or the money to pay someone to work on them. I presume the market for these buggies consists largely for people who want to drive them and not fix them very regularly so the warranty and availability for bolt on parts is going to appeal to them. Present company exluded, these side by sides probably don't get pushed to their limit by a large majority of owners either so their reliability is probably another plus.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
I would agree, many just drivin ms daisy. 

How long was Enemy in that redline before it was upside down,  LMAO LMAO LMAO
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 11:29:11 AM »
Considering the market. People who spend 25K+ on sand cars and buggies either have the technical capability to work on them or the money to pay someone to work on them. I presume the market for these buggies consists largely for people who want to drive them and not fix them very regularly so the warranty and availability for bolt on parts is going to appeal to them. Present company exluded, these side by sides probably don't get pushed to their limit by a large majority of owners either so their reliability is probably another plus.
BINGO! We have a winner!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
Ouch but not bad for what it appears to give you. Guess I need to see some vid of it stock being put thru the paces first.

and with two grown men in it while during the run!!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 02:07:54 PM »
enemy was maybe 5 mins in the ride but not sure and under 10 mph on fairly flat ground when it went and then the seat belts fell off there frame tabs too!  rofl

this unit will kill the motorcycle sand rail market. 90% of the buyer just want jump in and go toys and NEED financing plus ins so this is the ticket. a well built rail will not only out run but out perform these all day long easily not to meantion look better but none the less the 90% of buyers will go to this because it's a sign on the dotted line deal and go have fun!!    sad to say but I figured it would happen sooner or later.   and no they don't ever push them to there limits and the manufacturer prob isn't concerned about those that will cause they are the ones that will probably die when it comes apart because it couldn't take it!  but some real nice vid's anyway and I bet built like the one in the test run prob $30k?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 02:10:27 PM »
not to mention dealership service. Most people are not like us.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
Not pushed?!

I dont have the riding areas here that you guys have so I dont know from experience.

But ,if you u-toob these things, they are getting pounded! I think its the other way around, it seems(again from my utoob world) a lot of sand guys like to go out a cruise around then head back, park it and eat food.These things are being driven through some very radical S#!T and seem to do pretty good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal