Author Topic: Proper care  (Read 4165 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Proper care
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 06:29:06 AM »
Agreed

I had once wanted to work for Law, mostly FBI.  But with some of what they have to see/do I figured I couldn't refrain from being like that video.  So I stepped away.  Its what seperates us from them and US from many other parts of the world.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
+1.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »
lol           that was funny! that cop couldn't even get the first hit in before falling back and why did they record that!! ???          I wonder if the guy was dead?    my uncle was a trooper for 25 years and always managed to restrain himself when i know I couldn't have and my cousing is local police plus my grandfather was a sherrif but I don't think the first cop realized he was out cold.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 08:09:17 AM »
I don't think the first cop cared.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Baja Rick

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 08:40:40 AM »
  He brought it on himself, period.  If you run from the law, you will get a beating when you get caught. kick

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »
Soooooo.....you guys support anarchy?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 09:30:37 AM »
Soooooo.....you guys support anarchy?

support no, but I think this country might be headed that way if something doesn't turn around right soon!    he decided to run and knew that would buy him a beating so in the end it was really his decision, but that was beyond overkill, it was obvious he was out cold. if an officer told me freeze or I'm going to shoot well if I run then I choose to be shot.  so many times they will tell them 3 or 4 times.  that's why i never joined the force cause I can see maybe 2 warnings max especially with a tazar in hand.   I do understand your point, enforcing the law doesn't mean writing new law on the spot but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 09:54:47 AM »
support no, but I think this country might be headed that way if something doesn't turn around right soon!    he decided to run and knew that would buy him a beating so in the end it was really his decision, but that was beyond overkill, it was obvious he was out cold. if an officer told me freeze or I'm going to shoot well if I run then I choose to be shot.  so many times they will tell them 3 or 4 times.  that's why i never joined the force cause I can see maybe 2 warnings max especially with a tazar in hand.   I do understand your point, enforcing the law doesn't mean writing new law on the spot but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.
I agree in general but the line is crystal clear in what the officers duty is. Once the chase was over and it was now an accident scene it is the officers duty to render aid. Period. Those officers should be severely disciplined. Don't get me wrong and call me a bleeding heart for the scumbag though just because I think some the police in this instance are also scumbags. At least 1 and a couple others should be fired and permanently barred from any law enforcement position in the future. There is no excuse for their actions.
 Even if you don't agree with my reasoning you have to agree that those officers put the city/county/whatever in a very bad position. WHat if that "poor perp" was laying there with a broken neck and due to the officers caring attitude is now a quadraplegic? What now? $10 million? $20 million? You KNOW that the jurisdiction is now responsible for his future care. I personally do not want officers like that on my local law enforcement.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 10:07:34 AM »
All I know is everyone on here would be sueing those cops if that was them.   Too get a new buggy!! rofl that they could prob never drive.  My tazer batteries would be dead after every shift, 1 warning then zap. 

Yummi has the best advice.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 10:17:48 AM »
+1
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »
Hell,I'd be fired after the first day of duty. I'd kill someone but I'm wise enough to know I don't belong in a job like that.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

trans man

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 11:51:09 AM »
Yummi, that video is... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Spec

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »
I hate chris rock....But that vid was awesome ;D I watched that 1st vid 5 times on the smart TV....JUST TO SEE DUMBFOOK FALL OUT THE WINDOW OF A ROLLING CAR LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 03:44:13 PM »
I agree in general but the line is crystal clear in what the officers duty is. Once the chase was over and it was now an accident scene it is the officers duty to render aid. Period. Those officers should be severely disciplined. Don't get me wrong and call me a bleeding heart for the scumbag though just because I think some the police in this instance are also scumbags. At least 1 and a couple others should be fired and permanently barred from any law enforcement position in the future. There is no excuse for their actions.
 Even if you don't agree with my reasoning you have to agree that those officers put the city/county/whatever in a very bad position. WHat if that "poor perp" was laying there with a broken neck and due to the officers caring attitude is now a quadraplegic? What now? $10 million? $20 million? You KNOW that the jurisdiction is now responsible for his future care. I personally do not want officers like that on my local law enforcement.

I don't disagree that they should be disciplined for there actions and they did put the county in a huge liability situation over that especially becuase they taped it. now back here the lpd are held accountable for there own actions in other words if they pulled this and the city got sued the city will step back and say oh no you get them. the officers know that and back off quite a bit because of it. I do believe there is a fine line and that line to me is if your warned and still get shot or zapped it's because you chose it but beating someone while they are down or dead is NOT ok at all. of course if they are out cold 1 shot from the tazer is ok  rofl!!  I keep asking my cousin if I can go for a ride along and man the tazer with an open window, oddly he says no? don't know why.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal