Author Topic: LS Cafe By the Station  (Read 2031 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
LS Cafe By the Station
« on: September 27, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »
Yep,no doubt,the food at camp was very,very good to say the least.

I have to say though that Saturday after all were gone we went down to the cafe by the gas station. It always had decent food,nothing I would have bragged about,but good and filling. Well,the place got new owners. Usually that is not an improvement but in this instance the new owners have hit a home run!!! I swear,I have never eaten better ,true home made,everything they offered,food. Absolutely the best hot chicken fried steak dinner I have ever had and it only cost $7.50! Mashed potatoes,gravy,farmers market corn,same with the green beans,homemade grilled bread,real breaded on site chicken fried steak with absolutely zero gristle. I was in freaking heaven.  Their menu was 4 fricken pages of tempting as all get out food and the buffet was fabulous. I'm not taking anything but snacks next trip. The new owners earned all my eating business for sure. Now,I hope Waynoka can support it well into the future. The place is a gem.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: LS Cafe By the Station
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 05:30:14 AM »
This the one by Ampride/by ice machine headed south?  Damn place was covered up for breakfast couple mornings I went by.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 05:54:38 AM »
That's the one.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »
haven't eatin there since the oasis was still opened and it wasn't bad just wasn't great. i'll have to try them again. we did try the diner in town south of the cop shop and there fried chicken special was damn good.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 08:27:44 PM »
no such thing as good chicken..................
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »
lol lol normally i would agree but after hamburgers and hot dogs for so many days ....ya it was good lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:49:36 PM »

You haven't had my "bacon wrapped chicken bites" off my smoker then!
Didn't get a chance to make them this trip.. I was always stuffed full of all the damn fine cooking going on! 4 more lbs to shed, and I will be back to my slave/technician #739 pre-vacation weight...

And that place was packed when I went by Friday late morning! It was really good breakfast the few times I went there in the early 2000's, can't remember the the name of it then? Maybe still Miller's?
Will definitely try them out next trip down
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 05:46:13 AM »
Yep,no doubt,the food at camp was very,very good to say the least.

I have to say though that Saturday after all were gone we went down to the cafe by the gas station. It always had decent food,nothing I would have bragged about,but good and filling. Well,the place got new owners. Usually that is not an improvement but in this instance the new owners have hit a home run!!! I swear,I have never eaten better ,true home made,everything they offered,food. Absolutely the best hot chicken fried steak dinner I have ever had and it only cost $7.50! Mashed potatoes,gravy,farmers market corn,same with the green beans,homemade grilled bread,real breaded on site chicken fried steak with absolutely zero gristle. I was in freaking heaven.  Their menu was 4 fricken pages of tempting as all get out food and the buffet was fabulous. I'm not taking anything but snacks next trip. The new owners earned all my eating business for sure. Now,I hope Waynoka can support it well into the future. The place is a gem.

5: 5: 5: ;D  its really chicken

My terriyaki chicken on the salt is the bomb.  At least according to my #1 food critic/copilot! Ran out of days to cook it.  My body is still in caloric overload shock syndrome.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 05:52:18 AM »
I repeat,there's no such thing as good chicken.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal