Author Topic: STOLEN!!!  (Read 59050 times)

Offline Wyattboche

Re: STOLEN!!!
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2011, 08:21:54 PM »
Did you get your buggy back?

wildcatkit52

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2011, 08:58:26 PM »
Back home after getting the buggy and doing other things on the way back... It needs a little TLC but is MUCH better than I expected.

So far I know it will need clutches, sprockets, chain, LOTS of cleaning, rear wheel straightened, possibly battery, one gas cap, new fuel lines maybe, and the ignition switch changed. Also needs new mirrors. One is cracked and the other is broken off. That being said it is pretty much all there. Just a LOT of cleaning to get it even close to the condition it was in when I got it and when it was stolen.

It wasn't any issue getting. He said he has been searching high and low for the bill of sale. If the guy he got it from knew it was stolen it is likely the name on the bill of sale is bogus though.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2011, 09:03:58 PM »
Something tells me he is the thief since he gave it up so very easily. Wouldn't make sense to me otherwise.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2011, 09:07:43 PM »
Im sure Rick would help you with locating any parts. However if you need any help from me, just ask! Glad it is back in your hands. Its unfortunate it is a little rough but better to have it I suppose. I dont think many people relise what type of work goes into these machines. Rick pays great attention to detail and I hope you can get her back to that same condition without too much cost. Post some pics!

By chance... Did the guy tell you what he paid for it? Were the police finally helpful?

Congrats! Glad we could make a difference. As far as I know, Rob deserves full credit at this point.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
Something tells me he is the thief since he gave it up so very easily. Wouldn't make sense to me otherwise.

That could very well be possible!!! What was the guy's demeaner? Did he look to fit the profile?

wildcatkit52

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2011, 09:23:27 PM »
http://www.dtsfab.com/index/index.php?topic=3510.0

I won't be able to make that trip...  thumb down

I'll be in California at NTC. Busy from the 7th until the 29th.

wildcatkit52

« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »
He was sad about it but once he saw this thread he pretty much knew there wasn't a chance it wasn't my buggy.

He owns a recovery business and has a state PI license. An issue like a court case fighting to keep a stolen buggy is not something he had ANY interest in.

Seemed to be a good guy. He paid $3500 for it kinda. Not real sure of the details but an employee was paying it out. The employee stopped paying so he
'recovered" it. He said he was only actually out about $800 on it.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »
cool.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
glad to hear you got it back.

Are the cops still going to track down the thief?  Maybe there is a chance of recovering repair costs from the thief?
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2011, 10:18:56 PM »
Good to hear you got it back Wild, as Fabr said he had to of at least known it was stolen to give it up so easily. eyes What a goose. kick I've said it before and I'll say it again what goes around comes around.. 8)
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2011, 10:44:19 PM »
I'm happy you got it back Wild.  Some people might tell you to just be happy you got it back, but I'd go after the little fooker that stole it.  I would surely make him pay for his little mistake.  Might even be best to leave the  :police: out of it.  They're not real helpful in these matters in most cases as you did recover your property. 
See you all duneside.😎🤙

wildcatkit52

« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »
Didn't get the trailer back yet... Still on the trail for that! I'd love to find the actual thief. That guy. The one who pulled up in MY yard, cut the lock on MY trailer, stole MY stuff...

kick

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2011, 10:53:49 PM »
Glad you got the ride back. I would have encouraged the guy to show you around where his friends are to find the trailer.

Might be in the same town for that matter.  Or close.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2011, 11:01:23 PM »
Heck I might even try a lil bluff (if you can keep a poker face) on the guy to see if he can lead you to the trailer VS facing trouble otherwise.

Of course that points to him deeper. Might also ask the cops in that town who his friends are and if any have records of "borrowing things".
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2011, 11:22:53 PM »
Didn't get the trailer back yet... Still on the trail for that! I'd love to find the actual thief. That guy. The one who pulled up in MY yard, cut the lock on MY trailer, stole MY stuff...

kick

Sounds kinda like a recovery job......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal