Author Topic: Garden City Dry River Run  (Read 15817 times)

Offline big dave

Re: Garden City Dry River Run
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 04:27:10 PM »
NO. not this one I traded a vw bug for it. my rage top air bag car. I build some years back. the one on the left.. it was all stock. no interior. just lowered on air bags.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
Spill the beans,what's it based upon? Sammi?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline big dave

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 10:52:45 AM »
Its bigger then it looks. It is a k 5 blazer. 84 frame and fire wall. 350 motor on propane , 700r trans. 205 transfer case, klune v doubler in front of transfer case. dana 60 in front. corp. 14 bolt out back 456 gears, seating on 44 16,5 17 . super swampers. 

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 01:01:33 PM »
Cool!! The pic didn't look like a full size truck.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline big dave

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 01:14:41 PM »
YA,  THE TIRE MAKE IT LOOK SMALL. I FILL LIKE I DID ALLRIGHT TRAEDING IT FOR A VW. NOE ITS TIME TO START LOOKINF AT A 3 LINKSET UP. FRONT AND BACK.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2016, 05:27:32 PM »
i like the frame.....who built that? specifically the door opening area is what i like.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2016, 07:54:58 PM »
YA,  THE TIRE MAKE IT LOOK SMALL. I FILL LIKE I DID ALLRIGHT TRAEDING IT FOR A VW. NOE ITS TIME TO START LOOKINF AT A 3 LINKSET UP. FRONT AND BACK.
Now you're talking!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline big dave

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 06:25:47 AM »
i like the frame.....who built that? specifically the door opening area is what i like.
I was told it was built in Texas.  but really I have no idea. some off the guys around here say it looks like a first gen. poison spider build.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 06:57:31 AM »
i like it and a 3 link would be great ....air bags?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 07:01:22 AM »
man, I don't know why, I have so much trouble logging on from the house. sucks. well anyway it was 55 this weekend. had a great ride again. but the water is running. still have a good 30 miles of riding room. well and with the new 4x4 we just play in the water.

I see a bright future ahead for my old 1 ton 72 chevy pickup camper special.   :i I'll throw up a picture or two of the aluminium chip hauling truck.  the doors are real close to falling off.  So much rust that I go real slow over the RR tracks,  hit them to fast and I would lose the whole body from it.  But it still runs like a  raped ape.  Built 383 with a 850 Holley four barrel, roller rockers, forged Aron's pistons, Callie's rods and crank, big Sig cam. Built 450 turbo hydrodynamic auto with after marked shift kit, 3500 stall converter from A and Reds, big sprag gears in the transfer case no chains and 4:11 gears in the third members,all the trans work was done buy the man himself old man Chance of Chance transmissions and Manufacturing.
The truck it's self has over 400.000 miles on the clock.  Has had three full off frame rebuilds and paint jobs. Not going to happen again. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:20:42 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline big dave

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 07:10:28 AM »
i like it and a 3 link would be great ....air bags?
I was thanking coil springs to get all the kinks worked out of a three link.  then move to a coil over shock

Offline big dave

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2016, 07:14:26 AM »
I see a bright future for my old 1 ton 72 chevy pickup camper special.   :i I'll throw up a picture or two of the chip hauling truck.  the doors are real close to falling off.  So much rust that I go real slow over the RR tracks,  hit them to fast and I would lose the whole body from it.
sounds like a good candidate for a build. I will say its a different kind of playing ride. more of a slow ride just crawling around on rocks. but is cool what you can crawl over,

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 08:24:15 PM »
Let's try to actually get this river run done this spring. I'm just itching to bring the new buggy to it. Anyone up for it?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline big dave

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 08:39:19 AM »
Let's try to actually get this river run done this spring. I'm just itching to bring the new buggy to it.
Anyone up for it? I should have the car running by then. I'm up for it. but it is home sweet home for me.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2016, 07:10:25 AM »
i will try

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal