Author Topic: New from Ohio  (Read 3523 times)

Baja Rick

New from Ohio
« on: March 28, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
  Hello guys, My name is Rick. I live in Dayton, Ohio. (It's not as bad here as the news would have you believe)
  Anyway I kinda stumbled on to the site here.  Looking for specs on the Barracuda.
 I'm still not sure if that is what I'm going to build, it's looking more and more like it.
 My backround has been in Drag Racing. Nothing super fast, just weekend bracket stuff, but with all our local tracks going to 1/8 mile stuff I've thrown in the towel.
 My best pass is a 12.87 @ 114 MPH.  Nothing that would impress John Force, but was a car I built myself.
 Anyway, looking forward to learning more about long travel suspensions and all the other front end voodoo
                                         Rick

Spec

Re: New from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
Welcome Rick,
I love your sig line  rofl
Your in the right place......We have the Doug Heim here :o

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 04:10:51 PM »
Welcome Rick.  We'll do are best to confuse you.  rofl

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

trans man

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »
Welcome Rick, I'm sure you will be right at home here. 8) 8) 8)

trans man

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 06:00:42 PM »
I love your sig line  rofl
Now that's a good one! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »
Quit a few cudas around. Good looking buggy. Don't forget one of the best sounds passenger screams so two seats are better than one. Welcome theres a couple of other old draggers round here. Look wound ask questions.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Baja Rick

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »
 Thanks guys, I thought about a two seater, but my wife gets motion sick real easy. As much fun as hearing her scream would be it would quickly be followed by an epic purge drowning Yuck!
 Anyway, I have Already PMed back and forth with Doug, Plans are in the works.
 I like that his buggy has some following, the other buggy I am considering doesn't seem as popular. Plus I'm not sure how many have been built.

Snoopy

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 07:46:23 AM »
Well hey there neighbor. Look up zip code 45067. I' m a few minutes down I-75. I'm working on my own buggy design but me and some family have a few toys we take to the trails when we have time. Ever been to Haspen Acres ? 
Best of luck with a Cuda. Best of luck with Doug for that matter  rofl

But seriously, welcome to DTS. Lemme know if you wanna grab a cup of coffee sometime.      Snoopy

Baja Rick

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 08:41:50 AM »
 Coffee? I drink that stuff near all day.  Sounds like a plan.  I haven't been to Haspin yet, mostly because I have access to a couple hundred acres to ride already. And they're free.
  I would be interested in checking it out sometime. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:51:10 AM by Baja Rick »

LiveWire

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »
Is the avatar your Pilot?

Baja Rick

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 07:49:42 AM »
  Yes, It's an 89, very lightly used. Too nice to hack up and make a comfortable ride out of for me.
I'm going to try and hang on to it. I'd really hate to let it go, even if it does beat the $hit out of my knees when I ride it.

LiveWire

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
You don't have to hack up to add this: http://aftershockmotorsports.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_19&products_id=75

Two tabs need to be welded on the rear lower A-arm mounts for the steering. The stock steering clears these tabs so it can be put back even without cutting those off.

Offline Hammerworks

• Fabricator
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »
How does that help his knees?

I think he's saying he's too friggin tall.

LiveWire

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »
I was thinking it was because his knees were banging against the frame. For height, I would put in a Kirkey seat:

It sits you up straighter to gain 4" or more leg room.

Baja Rick

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
 Yeah, I tried differant seats, (well 2) They just don't give me what I need. Plus, I'm 300lbs. which means 10lbs of crap 5lb bag... By the time I can get it to go as fast I want it too, I'll be into problems with having brakes, not to metion over powering the design. I think I'm just going to start from scratch.
 Don't get me wrong,, I love this thing!! It's a lot of fun, but my size puts some limitions on what I can do with it and still have a little comfort.  Don't even get me started on trying to change the frigg'n jets.  My hands are WAY to big.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:55:24 PM by Baja Rick »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal