Author Topic: American common sense  (Read 3082 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: American common sense
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »
Never felt a threat either.  If the guy across the street wants to be an ass, no need to go over there, I can pop him a few times with a BB gun siting on my porch.  Thought thats why those missle silo's were out in Kansas, Neb, Oak, or are those things empty now.
Empty, some even have been converted into HOUSES!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »
I in no way intended to imply that you supported what they did or are doing.  I just wanted to point out a lie, that you perhaps overlooked, that IMO has had, and will continue to have,  a larger impact on all of humanity, than Obama's "Change" platform, however dillusional it may be, ever will. 

Maybe you were just exagerating a little to make a point.  Biggest lie to me means no other lie is bigger(I read as having more impact). No biggie, who among us is not guilty of that.

And yes, the reference of David Allen Coe was to that song.  How many had to google that to get it?  Doesn't everyone know that song?  Maybe it's a southern thing.

How much are missile silo houses going for these days?  Can I get one lakefront? 

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »
I think the last "vertically integrated house" was sold just recently. Might be way wrong about that also.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »
Yeah!  I may have exaggerated a bit, but I do believe our current change will have huge affects for years to come.  But probably not in short term loss of life as you point out.

I had not heard the song before....  But I may be guilty of some of the lies. :o

There is a Silo about 5 miles from me.  The only thing living there are rodents.  I don't know who owns it.  The only lake around is in the bottom.  Last time I was down there the steel stairs were looking pretty scary (Rusty).  An hour down there in complete darkness gave me my fill of underground living for a lifetime.

Offline jsbm

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 03:43:47 PM »
There you go Engineer, you just had to bring up the damn rodents in this thread, I thought we already covered that.  ;D ;D ;D

What the fook some states give DL's to illegals. I did not know this, for that matter I don't know if FL is one of them. What I want to know is what is the INS for if they can't do their job and deport all the illegals.  Oh I know just another way for our g'ment to waste our money on something that doesn't work.

I know I am of topic hear but just wanted everyone to know what our elected officials get paid for doing imo not much at all except for the wrong thing.

Base salary for a Congressman (535) and Senator (100) is 174,000 for 2009 with an annual vote for a cost of living raise. We have no voice on this matter they control it all. At those #'s thats $110,490,000 in salaries. The average Congressman spends around 1 mil a year on staff and a Senator spends about 2.75 mil. That equals 920,490,000 total.

I'll quit bitchn and I do agree with you guys.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:32:33 PM by jsbm »

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 07:18:07 AM »
Actually, there are 435 representatives in the house and 100 senators, for a total of 535.   8) 

That's on the naturalization test, so be thankful you don't have to take it.  American COMMON sense, hehehehehe, Good one!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:21:36 AM by T8erhead »

Offline jsbm

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
OK you got me on that one. I just skimmed through the site I was on and seen 535 and 100 so shoot me.  :P

So knock off about a 100 mil and that should be about right. Still a whole lot of money for these people to make and not do what they say they will or listen to the people that put them there.

The sad part about the naturalization test is that most americans could not pass it, myself included.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal