Author Topic: L/S fall 2013  (Read 21795 times)

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
Re: L/S fall 2013
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2013, 06:52:08 AM »
The day has finally arrived. Have fun and be SAFE.

Enjoy the ice cream too!!!

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2013, 10:55:03 AM »
The day has finally arrived. Have fun and be SAFE.

Enjoy the ice cream too!!!

I will be sure to eat a bowl of ice cream in your name. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2013, 09:21:13 PM »
Well it's all over.  Back home by six o'clock today and unloaded.  Carl left last night after the dinner and got a head start on his long drive home. John got up early this morning and was off for Nebraska by seven thirty AM.  Brain and his better half left shorty after that.  Sylvia and I made one more run to the dunes and then loaded up.  We had a good visit with Clark the wood guy and his his wife before we left and Wes and Gail stopped by for a short visit.   Good time for sure.  No big brake downs.  I had a fluke dead battery and never give me trouble after that. John had fun doing wheelies in the all the lakes at the base of the dunes.  had some rain just before dinner Friday but all clear for the icecream feast.  We'll start rolling out the GoPro stuff in a bit.   Brian got some interesting footage with his GoPo mounted on the back lower bar or his buggy.  More later.  I think i'll get some much needed sleep.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »
never a bad trip!! fast tell your better half thanks for dinner it was fantastic, ice cream was great!! fabr we'll have to get more riding in next time once the temps drop below 65*  ;) ;)  ;D  rofl your rail ran great. fast sorry I didn't make a morning run with you two but out of gas and just needed to get loaded and on the way home. wind coming home was bad, I70 and I80 were a breeze.....78 mph no problem but north bound well lets just say 15 lbs to 25 lbs of boost all the way at 7.5 mpg!! lol and anything over 70 got spooky cause it was a dead side wind and blowing my dually side to side lol parts of hwy 156 weren't bad though. just before I70 in a curve a rig caught some wind and crossed the center line and put me clean on the shoulder to keep his tail from hitting me and thank god I was only pushing 62 mph through that turn or that could've been ugly lol. I got a lot of footage and enemy does too. his is frontal footage so as soon as I get that to mix with my rear footage i'll put them together. after the rain stopped you couldn't have asked for better temps and traction!!  the 92* days were on me pretty good but 70* with a breeze is perfect. ok for all that haven't driven behind fast...... don't need to drink just sniff his tail pipe with that e85 fuel it smells like pure grain alcohol  rofl  wow when you blasted past me wow!  rofl   fast's rail runs damn hard and fast and you can flat out drive so now thanks to you i'm going to have to add a turbo to mine so I can try and keep up  ;D especially if i'm going to make st Anthony's.
good friends and good runs and good camping trip at the dunes for sure!!

after all these years of going to LS  I have never payed enough attention to know where I am at and where I am going so when you guys let me lead well hope you have a full tank of fuel cause if I do I don't car where we go or wind up nor do I know  rofl rofl as enemy and carl found out once we made a complete circle and wound back up at south camp gate and they asked me where are you going  rofl rofl
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2013, 04:08:59 PM »
Definitely another great trip. Getting closer to working out all the bugs. Made it home about 11 sat night.  Best chicken enchilada I had yet, and ice cream not too shabby either. Thanks so much mrs & mr fast.  Today is birthday for Candice so pics and vids will have to wait.
Til next time..........
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »
that's a long drive carl and damn glad you can join all of us!!

here are a few pics my wife took from the observation tower.  like I sad fabr it's worth walking up there once lol

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »
I beat ya by .5mpg DS!! woohoo huh? The trip down couldn't have asked for more perfect weather, great day for a drive. Homebound totally sucked..or blew....like usual  :'(

The days in the sand were friggin awesome though!! Smooth sand, small crowd, and a good downpour to pack the sand and add to some fun puddles and the bottom of the dunes. Felt like I was back home on the Platte! Thanks for the vid DS! Awesome vacation!!
 Jeffco held up well, last days runs I loaded it down real good and outside case temps were respectable. I ran out of time to get an internal oil temp probe set up so I could log it, so still want to run it more and get some better data.

Fast stuffed our bellies with Enchiladas and ice cream Friday eve.. I haven't eat much since! Thanks again Fast!!!
Another pile of vid to get through, gunna combine the Spring and Fall trip
Had a great time all, cant wait for Spring already!!!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2013, 08:27:06 PM »
Just got home. Awesome time  in the dunes but for Sat afternoon when it was horribly  chopped up from all the SXS's and the fricken wind . Fast told me about the witches eyes and just wicked whoops at the top of the dunes from the wind on the wet sand blowing uphill ,backwards of normal, roughest sand I've ever ridden on by far. Never ran into witches eyes at the dune tops before. Weird ,for sure. Just brutal late Saturday. IMO,this trip was the best overall weather,day and late night times, of any I've had. Got another 3 days there ,end of this week and then again end of the next week for 3 days. gonna be burnt out after all that. LOL!!!!   
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2013, 10:29:04 PM »
Cool! Rear facing cam is good perspective.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2013, 05:57:42 AM »
ya it is interesting and enemy has the front vison lol here is another for all to see with some shots of carl in his rail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkzwbyGVLsg&feature=youtu.be

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2013, 07:06:23 PM »
I have lots more footage and 1 run with fabbr behind me non stop was 28 mins long so i'll have to widdle that one down for you tube.   fast and carl have copies of all my footage too! lol I put 3 up what you got!! lol

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2013, 07:23:03 PM »
I'm hungover from drive so I need a few days. Plus I'm a video virgin so I gettin some lessons from this really nice lady!   LMAO
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2013, 07:24:02 PM »
I have lots more footage and 1 run with fabbr behind me non stop was 28 mins long so i'll have to widdle that one down for you tube.   fast and carl have copies of all my footage too! lol I put 3 up what you got!! lol
Time flies when your out for a leisurely cruise.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal