Author Topic: Yummi's Sporadic Video Thread  (Read 14745 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Yummi's Sporadic Video Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »
Let me help you out also.The notion that you will not be harassed is only true some % of the time. Guarantee you it's not 100%. with all the visitors to G it's not surprising you have not had an encounter. I just don't want to be one of the chosen few that DO get harassed by a perhaps minority of the officers for very minor infractions. Take the BS controversy over the fricken stickers and how they bare displayed as a recent example..
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2014, 04:14:54 AM »
OK, take the stickers.  Folks are looking for a work around.  Everybody else with a permit is good.  One guy in our camp had a bike impounded.  Why?  Not registered.  We all know that to be an issue and know the work around.  Keep your shit tidy.   

The point is some of the drama is self induced.  Easier to blame over zealous cops than to admit they were in the wrong.  I doubt Fast has had issues.  Same for Tim, etc.  Overblown.  Can they be over bearing?  Sure from what I see I think so.  But if folks stop giving them low hanging fruit it makes for fewer horror stories.   
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2014, 06:49:36 AM »
Understand and agree. But ,as you said,"overzealous" enforcement is not what i want when I go to relax. Eff them . I'll be damned if I'll be one of the people that ARE effed with on an apparent regular basis for no GOOD reason. There are plenty of other places still without the BS of stormtrooper mentality LEO's to deal with. There are far too many horror stories for all to be untrue.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2014, 06:55:14 AM »
BTW,yummi,what happened to the topic about Dale on GD ? Must have been a lot more to it than was being one sided reported.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2014, 07:12:08 AM »
IDK on that topic.  Guess it was deleted? 

Just strikes me that too many folks like to complain rather than get involved?   I was doing some research.  Did you know more "warnings" were handed out than tickets?  About 4/1. 

On the racer deal - his defense is no rear view?  Uh huh.  Good to know he is being safe with no rear view.  Not required I guess, but would you run without one?  Get lit up, pull over - simple concept.   

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
Again,completely agree. I'm curious if there was any info available on disciplined officers in Glamis compared to other areas? That might really tell the story on what is actually happening there. From all indications though it appears that the LEO in G have a crappier attitude by far than others and are not the least bit shy about showing it. Why is that,if true?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2014, 08:14:21 AM »
Like all cops they likely give what they get?  They do make a lot of stops that are likely BS but the aggressive enforcement order comes from the top?  Few years back folks complained not enough enforcement.  Now too much.  Hard to find the right fit.  I would guess it will be loosed up a bit in the next year or so.  They pick low hanging fruit so long as you are not a fruit - no worries.     

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2014, 09:19:55 AM »
Like all cops they likely give what they get?  They do make a lot of stops that are likely BS but the aggressive enforcement order comes from the top? Few years back folks complained not enough enforcement.  Now too much.  Hard to find the right fit. I would guess it will be loosed up a bit in the next year or so.  They pick low hanging fruit so long as you are not a fruit - no worries.    
80% true but 20% dhead aholes with a Barney Fife mentality. Believe me,I've met them(not at G),they do exist.
I believe both points to be true.
Also very very true . The goldilocks syndrome.
True but if you are one of the good fruit,yet get picked(harassed in the name of enforcement) ,will YOU just shrug it off?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2014, 09:59:59 AM »
Most of the LEO's out there are imports from some other district/state on the big weekends. This puts them in a bad mood to start.

Lets look at it this way, You don't have your local police going door to door down your street checking registration paperwork and looking for any little infraction to write you up for. Why should I be subjected to that while at the dunes? If there is that little for them to do, maybe we have to many of them out there.

Then there is the making things up routine, trying to give me and empty container ticket for empty's in the bed of my truck. Trying to give me a DUI test at 8:30 in the morning for the cans in the bed. Since I knew all my shit was in order I told him to pound sand. Took his badge # and threatened legal action. He was not happy, but he left.

Then there's the whole charging money for something that should be covered with green sticker fee's. Then the money collected goes to more un needed law enforcement to harass us instead of things like dumpsters.

Basically, My beef is, the cops sat around and didn't so shit till things got way out of hand then used that to turn the dunes into a police state. It could be handled a lot better.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »
Exactly. Sooooo,I've been to G but once. I was/possibly am wanting still to go again and meet up with some good friends and a few new friends from last time.  Until the LEO BS is back to normal,I believe I'll just patronize other places first. I mean G was fun and I had no one harass me. Yes I follow all regs to the best of my knowledge ,don't drink and should not have a worry about harassment but somehow,if there is some shit ready to hit,I'll be in the line of fire.With all the other visitor friendly places to go I just don't need/want any BS when out of town. It's not like G is n my backyard and I HAVE to put up with it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »
Most of the LEO's out there are imports from some other district/state on the big weekends. This puts them in a bad mood to start.

Lets look at it this way, You don't have your local police going door to door down your street checking registration paperwork and looking for any little infraction to write you up for. Why should I be subjected to that while at the dunes? If there is that little for them to do, maybe we have to many of them out there.

Then there is the making things up routine, trying to give me and empty container ticket for empty's in the bed of my truck. Trying to give me a DUI test at 8:30 in the morning for the cans in the bed. Since I knew all my shit was in order I told him to pound sand. Took his badge # and threatened legal action. He was not happy, but he left.

Then there's the whole charging money for something that should be covered with green sticker fee's. Then the money collected goes to more un needed law enforcement to harass us instead of things like dumpsters.

Basically, My beef is, the cops sat around and didn't so shit till things got way out of hand then used that to turn the dunes into a police state. It could be handled a lot better.
Actually ,IMO,it's being handled exactly as planned. The next step is to declare it too expensive/impossible to police so it will be closed. You know ,sort of like how we can't control the border sooooo just ignore it. Same thing . Eff it up and get the goal you wanted.Obamacare is the same thing also. Single payer system is on the horizon. Was all along.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:01:57 PM by fabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2014, 01:12:53 PM »
all of it is unfortunate but where they can they will unless stopped, always been that way and always will with that mentality. never been to glamis and have had many say I should but every time I turn around I read or hear something that stops me not to mention those that I have talked to that go down there regularly, they do say there good and bad spots.  they consider the higher traffic spots more prone to problems which would be a given.  bottom line is there's a lot to stress over on a 8 to 28 hr drive so when you do get to your destination you want any stress just a stress reliever lol  if they are getting as bad as it sounds then they will drop #'s and are doing so for some reason.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »
My best advice would be, don't go on a big holiday weekend. Camp as far away as possible from Geko. If your off the beaten path by yourself they will tend to leave you alone.

Last time I went out there, We camped up north by Salton sea at the KOA. They have hot springs and it's a nice little campground. It's a 20ish mile drive down to the dunes along the railroad tracks. Not recommended for paddles. Lots of other off-road trails right out of the campground too. Bradshaw trail goes all the way over to the Colorado river from there. Best part, no fricken rangers.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2014, 11:11:36 PM »
My best advice would be, don't go on a big holiday weekend. Camp as far away as possible from Geko. If your off the beaten path by yourself they will tend to leave you alone.

Last time I went out there, We camped up north by Salton sea at the KOA. They have hot springs and it's a nice little campground. It's a 20ish mile drive down to the dunes along the railroad tracks. Not recommended for paddles. Lots of other off-road trails right out of the campground too. Bradshaw trail goes all the way over to the Colorado river from there. Best part, no fricken rangers.
Can you tell us more? Is it more desert terrain? That's more what I'm looking for anyway.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2014, 04:15:20 PM »
did fast make it out and ride with you this last week?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal