Author Topic: mini monster truck  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Wyattboche

mini monster truck
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:38:21 AM »
Puting out 600HP

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: mini monster truck
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 12:59:09 AM »
I have seen that. I might question the 600 hp claim.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Islander

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 06:33:59 AM »
You can't question the 600hp claim.  Internet never lies   rofl
Now lets see it in some mud

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »
Intresting how they clam 600. Wonder if he has any pics of the build?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 06:51:14 AM »
DOes anyone really care about HP claims?  I'm sooooo jaded when I hear HP claims I just yawn.  I think it's a cool little ride one way or the other.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

chrishallett83

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »

It's not particularly difficult to get yourself 600 ponies out of a blown small-block these days, is it?

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »
If its got 600hp, its a waste.  I like it and that blower is cool as hell, but its got twice as much claimed hp as it can used. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

chrishallett83

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 11:44:28 AM »
If its got 600hp, its a waste.  I like it and that blower is cool as hell, but its got twice as much claimed hp as it can used.

That's not a waste, that's fun!

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »
It's not particularly difficult to get yourself 600 ponies out of a blown small-block these days, is it?

Never said it was. But I have drove a 1969 Stingray Corvette with a 350 horse 350 and a four speed from the factory. It would whip donuts just as good.

Not as fast due to no rear steering on the Vette and longer wheelbase. But it would do it with similar ease.

Also not sure how you know its a small block. I have seen some who claim to know they guy its a big block. Either way I don't care.

Unless they got DYNO sheets from three different Dynos with NO claim to the building of the engine the HP claim on a aftermarket built engine is bogus. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

chrishallett83

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »

Never said it was. But I have drove a 1969 Stingray Corvette with a 350 horse 350 and a four speed from the factory. It would whip donuts just as good.

Not as fast due to no rear steering on the Vette and longer wheelbase. But it would do it with similar ease.

Also not sure how you know its a small block. I have seen some who claim to know they guy its a big block. Either way I don't care.

Unless they got DYNO sheets from three different Dynos with NO claim to the building of the engine the HP claim on a aftermarket built engine is bogus.

I just guessed on the size of the vehicle that it would probably be a small-block.

Hell, my four-cylinder car will whip nuts like crazy, you don't need stupid power to draw a circle.

As far as three different dynos? I know a lot of guys with modded engines. I don't think any of them has used more than one dyno. Go back to the same workshop, same dyno operator, then you know you can reliably observe differences in dyno runs after mods.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 12:16:08 PM »
I say three different dynos cause all are different and its been seen time and time again where a guy builds an engine and HIS dyno shows it to have way more HP than others dynos.

So to get an honest account of power if its that important three different dynos who don't have a dog in the fight need to measure it.

To trust the guy who built it can be pretty risky.

On that same coin I would not trust a person who claims to be a competitor of the engine builder. If he knows its the guy he competes against engine his readings might be magically low.

Thats how I feel if you wanna tout Hp numbers. 

chrishallett83

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 12:32:18 PM »
Oh I came at that from a completely different direction. Yeah, if you're going to wave around a dyno sheet and say 'I gots 483hp @6700 rpm", yeah, use a 'cold' dyno.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 12:33:08 PM »
Those dyno operators are fooking idiots. Proper calibration and correction factors for atmospheric and other variables make dyno results pretty damn reliable and comparable one to another whether at sealevel or 10,000 feet. 
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

chrishallett83

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 12:39:01 PM »
Dyno Dynamics dynos now all have a 'Shootout' mode, where they automatically correct for a bunch of different crap, and you can basically get runs out of them all day that are accurate to within fractions of a percentage point regardless of vehicle, driver or operator.

Islander

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 02:33:01 PM »
Personally, I don't care if the rig's got 100hp or 1000hp, it's a cool little build that would be a ton of fun, albeit for short periods, I didn't see much of a cooling system, and that engine would go through a pile of fuel.  The people who yell about how much power they have are equaled in #'s or even passed by the amount of people who cry "bullshit"  at every claim made and going over everything with a fine tooth comb to point out problems.  The latter piss me off much more then the former.  If it makes less, then only the driver is really going to notice or care, so why is it any problem of mine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal