Author Topic: hello from baltimore  (Read 2391 times)

F4iCBRguy

hello from baltimore
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:31:40 AM »
Hello all, my name is Wayne from Baltimore, Maryland. I enjoy all sorts of motorsports. I have a cbr 600 f4i, hence the username. I intend on building a single seat sand rail with a gsxr 600 motor.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: hello from baltimore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »
Welcome BRguy.

Welcome to the site.  Lot's of good idea's here and Lot's of help.  Some good some not so good.  But we all try.  Get a good camera set it for PC pictures and use the hell out of it.  We like build threads.  Post a few pictures of the area you have to run in.  What cha got.  Woods trails hills what ever.  Baltimore is fir bit from the dunes I would think.  Welcome.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

F4iCBRguy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »
Welcome BRguy.

Welcome to the site.  Lot's of good idea's here and Lot's of help.  Some good some not so good.  But we all try.  Get a good camera set it for PC pictures and use the hell out of it.  We like build threads.  Post a few pictures of the area you have to run in.  What cha got.  Woods trails hills what ever.  Baltimore is fir bit from the dunes I would think.  Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome. I forgot to mention that I plan to build this summer and then head to the dunes(I would to go to glamis) summer 2012. I will take plenty of pics and be sure to share.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 07:44:46 AM »
Welcome, lots of looking to do here to get some ideas from.  Like Fast said we like pics. ;D  And remember the only dumb questions are the ones you after you screwed up.  I learned that one the hard way. 

You prob not much further to LS, Okl than me.  Worth the trip.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:51:32 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. I forgot to mention that I plan to build this summer and then head to the dunes(I would to go to glamis) summer 2012. I will take plenty of pics and be sure to share.

Wow Baltimore to Glamis.  It takes me two days from Wichita Kansas.  You mite plan on like two or three weeks vacation for that one.  Your welcome to stop here and we'll shoot down to LS for a day or two on your way to the big sand at Glamis.  It won't be out of the way. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

F4iCBRguy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »
Wow Baltimore to Glamis.  It takes me two days from Wichita Kansas.  You mite plan on like two or three weeks vacation for that one.  Your welcome to stop here and we'll shoot down to LS for a day or two on your way to the big sand at Glamis.  It won't be out of the way.
Yeah Glamis was always a dream of mine, since the time I first got a dirt bike (age 12, 21 now). Trying to turn dreams into reality! What is LS?

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
Yeah Glamis was always a dream of mine, since the time I first got a dirt bike (age 12, 21 now). Trying to turn dreams into reality! What is LS?

Been to Glamis and its great as long as some stupid drunk does not ruin your trip.

LS is Little Sahara dunes in Waynoka, Oklahoma. I have neever been there but plan too (Heck I am trying to move nearer to them now just on these guys words of how much fun they are!) A lot of the guys on here are near LS and go there all the time as thier home field of sand dunes. 
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »

First welcome,

Second:  Are you out of your fooking gourd? 

I have been in the summer.  One word: Brutal. 

Folks go for night rides on full moon weekends.  I went for shake down runs, etc.  You end up playing the sun.  Waiting for that golden hour when the sun is down and there is still light.  On August 1st last year it was 106*  That would be a comfortable day.  The max that month was 116* 

So, first bit of advice for the trip to Glamis - It is a fine and glorious destination - Halloween. 

That way you will get the full effect of the place and live to tell the tale.   
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal