Author Topic: Sept. trip to L.S.  (Read 1658 times)

SandDragon

Sept. trip to L.S.
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »
Here is a little clip of the fun this year. I added 150#s of lead to the front to keep it down man did it help, a little weight and a little more nitrogen in the shocks made the front end work much better. I can still do a wheelie but now I have to work at it.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:49:34 AM by SandDragon »

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Sept. trip to L.S.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
COOL!!! Wish I had made it this year. The vid was great . I like it when a person is not afraid to show the fun and the slight hiccups along the way also.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:07:47 PM »
video was great and what knocked the tires off?
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SandDragon

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »
It looked like when I did the wheelie the wheel dropped to far and rolled in to much and when it hit it flattened it and bent the inner lip and it went flat. I can't see that tire so I just ran it till it came off on the turn. It bent the wheel just like the last trip when I had the bad jump and bent that wheel and flatten the tire. I adjusted the heim out on the bottom a-arm kicking the tire out more on the bottom and it helped it turn a little better and put a tube in the tire to keep it from going flat and played the rest of Saturday and sunday. I'm going to rework my front end and make it more like my old buggy I don't like the angle of the a-arms that much I can't keep the tires from scrubbing in and out when the suspension goes up and down my old frame didn't do that, and it is too wide in the front. I having clutch problems again can't put it in third gear just blows the clutch loose even with a for puck and a Kennedy 2600 pressure plate. I thinking about designing the automatic setup I want.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 06:15:33 AM »
auotomatics are my preference if doable.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 07:59:10 PM »
It looked like when I did the wheelie the wheel dropped to far and rolled in to much and when it hit it flattened it and bent the inner lip and it went flat. I can't see that tire so I just ran it till it came off on the turn. It bent the wheel just like the last trip when I had the bad jump and bent that wheel and flatten the tire. I adjusted the heim out on the bottom a-arm kicking the tire out more on the bottom and it helped it turn a little better and put a tube in the tire to keep it from going flat and played the rest of Saturday and sunday. I'm going to rework my front end and make it more like my old buggy I don't like the angle of the a-arms that much I can't keep the tires from scrubbing in and out when the suspension goes up and down my old frame didn't do that, and it is too wide in the front. I having clutch problems again can't put it in third gear just blows the clutch loose even with a for puck and a Kennedy 2600 pressure plate. I thinking about designing the automatic setup I want.

don't know about the front end w/o seeing it but on my 3.8 I ran the 9" clutch instead of the 8 most use and the stage III pressure plate which is a 3500lb and I didn't use the puck clutch I used  the 50/50 offroad whcih as described to me was 50% organic and 50% ceramic by kennedy. worked out good no slippage but required a large master and slave and weddle's 1/2 taller beefier arm on the trans to do so cause the stock lever arm on the trans bent over!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »
what is your track width in the rear and front?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal