Author Topic: dts group run at little sahara oklahoma  (Read 10443 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: dts group run at little sahara oklahoma
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »
Awsome pics. That is just the icing on the cake for me. I am leaving out for L/S in 3 days. The weather is suppose to be in the mid to high 80's next week and no clouds and 60's at night. SWEET!!!!!! Looks like we picked the right week. Are you sure you guys aren't going to make it next week? Sounds like a choice week. I cannot wait to throw some roost and get some pics of my own. I will be flying my DTS flag all by myself I guess.

Sandcar

I'll be down Friday afternoon and stay untill late Monday.  Mite get to see you.  I'll have my DTS flag out on the trailer. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »
I have to apologize for not being able to make it. I had planned on it. With the refinery turnaround just starting work has gone crazy. Been making 6-7 runs to Tulsa a week to keep these guys supplied. That's in addition to the all the normal stuff they need. Add into that the hailstorm a few months back and it hasn't let up. Oh well,the October thing is a sure thing. Last chance in a lot of ways for this year and will not miss that one. Got the campsite all reserved for that one. Really sorry to miss this one.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 05:08:43 PM »
I have to apologize for not being able to make it. I had planned on it. With the refinery turnaround just starting work has gone crazy. Been making 6-7 runs to Tulsa a week to keep these guys supplied. That's in addition to the all the normal stuff they need. Add into that the hailstorm a few months back and it hasn't let up. Oh well,the October thing is a sure thing. Last chance in a lot of ways for this year and will not miss that one. Got the campsite all reserved for that one. Really sorry to miss this one.

Still got Yuma on the back bunner Fabe?   We leave on the 26Th. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 05:38:09 PM »
Yes! Yes I do!!!!!! We'll talk details at the Oct Ls gathering. New truck pulls like a HUGE mule. Really want to enjoy pulling with serious factory TQ! Can't believe the improvements in power since 2002 when I got my first Duramax which was good in itself. This '11 is a brute from the factory and still gets over 4 mile per gallon better than the '07 pulling similar loads. Amazing.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
Sandcar

I'll be down Friday afternoon and stay untill late Monday.  Mite get to see you.  I'll have my DTS flag out on the trailer.

At Dueces Wild?. I will look for the flag. Did not get to meet you last year.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »

No sweat Master. Hope you guys have a great and safe trip in Oct. Better keep busy and work if you can.

trans man

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »
Awsome pics. That is just the icing on the cake for me. I am leaving out for L/S in 3 days. The weather is suppose to be in the mid to high 80's next week and no clouds and 60's at night. SWEET!!!!!! Looks like we picked the right week. Are you sure you guys aren't going to make it next week? Sounds like a choice week. I cannot wait to throw some roost and get some pics of my own. I will be flying my DTS flag all by myself I guess.
So how did your LS trip go for you? Any pics or video? 8) 8) 8)

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2011, 07:15:43 AM »
2 broken drive belts
1 broken heim joint
broken fuel rail ( almost turned me into a fireball)
And now my trans is making some scary noises. So I did not ride the last day.
That is just my issues. We also had a cooling fan go out on one, packing blowing out of ones exhaust for 2 days, ( Redbull can and greenbean cans in the silencer to hold the packing in. They do not make tin cans like they use to. LOL.
The 210 hp Revolt had a lot of issues. In the vids to be posted you can see me chasing a belt that came off of an alternator and the next pass of the camera you see him hit the base of the dune and the alternator comes rolling into the frame.  rofl rofl rofl. I guees the belt is a non issue after that. rofl rofl rofl. L/S trip is like the bumber sticker for fishing---- A bad day at the dunes is better than the best day at work.

First 2 days were great and then my jinx kicked in.
The weather was perfect. All in all it was a great trip. We are all working on the editing of footage. I will post it asap.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2011, 10:33:31 PM »
eventually we all wind up riding the tool box on a trip or two!  rofl as long as you had fun that is the most important and once you have re-built your ride stronger then it will keep getting better!  ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2011, 06:26:24 AM »
The worst part is I had to get towed by a RZR. kick

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »
CRAP!!!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

trans man

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
The worst part is I had to get towed by a RZR. kick
Beats the hell out of pushing it back! ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal