Author Topic: bushings  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
bushings
« on: December 25, 2008, 03:30:47 PM »
im looking for an easy setup for bushings from front a arms.  i ordered ones with crush sleeves for my rear, but the diameter of them is huge. plus they were 70$ for 8.  i could just use some 3/4" ID tube and bronze bushings with a 3/4 od and 1/2 id.  but i want crush tubes also. so is there an easy setup without having anything machined? like over the counter shit that wont cost arm and leg?  im sure someone will say just use heims, but i dont wanna pay 15$ a piece for 8 of them either.   any help will help.. :)  -voodoo
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Admin

Re: bushings
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »
How about 10.00 each, I got cheapos...Hell i got 8 in the garage i used to mock up and shit, 3/4" ill make you a good deal on them... ;D

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »
Go Bug Go
Otherwise whip out your Hole saw and cut some UHMW ones...There is a goodie here on where to get it

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »
but are these cheapos gonna rust up like the sueferer? also will i need mis spacers?.. then ill need more heims for the spindles.. hmmm.. start talking bug.. :P  also i dont wanna have to use a 5/8 bolt, not building a rock crawler here.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 04:25:01 PM by Voodoochikin04 »

Admin

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »
but are these cheapos gonna rust up like the sueferer? also will i need mis spacers?.. then ill need more heims for the spindles.. hmmm.. start talking bug.. :P  also i dont wanna have to use a 5/8 bolt, not building a rock crawler here.

these are all 3/4 heims, yes they will corrode, the balls wont but the body certainly will over time... Ill see what i have when i get home weds...I got some bushings to, but i think that takes them only to 5/8 you can buy some bushings from a a tho, for about 30 cents each, take it to 1/2"

Admin

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »
Your deal is in the vip section voodoo... ;D

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 09:45:13 AM »
Ill make whatever you want. Draw it up and send it my way. I have delrin bushings and tube. It just needs to be cut to a specified length and drilled to the bolt size you want.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 11:10:58 AM »
idealy, i want the outer tubes to be 1 3/4" long, and i want shouldered delrin bushings with a crush tube, that will use a 7/16" better yet a 3/8" if thats not going to small?   and i would need 8 of them.  (bug-still working out things with my gf and the pictures you want for the box of stuff)

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 04:47:49 PM »
Im going to offer standard ones with 1/2" bolts but if you want 3/8" we can do that.

What budget you looking at for all 8 shipped? PM me

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »
idealy, i want the outer tubes to be 1 3/4" long, and i want shouldered delrin bushings with a crush tube, that will use a 7/16" better yet a 3/8" if thats not going to small?   and i would need 8 of them.  (bug-still working out things with my gf and the pictures you want for the box of stuff)

Mabey Bug should focus his bribe more on your GF......   I doubt some rod ends are swaying her much.

BTW.......    This is all in fun.  Don't do anything that will hurt your relationship.

LiveWire

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 01:15:45 PM »

You want the tube 1 3/4" or the entire assembly to be that? I have them where the entire assembly is that. Crush sleeves in 3/8 (10mm) and 7/16 ID. OD of crush sleeves are 5/8", bushings are shouldered delrin.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 06:12:08 PM »
livewire- the diameter of the outer tube looks bigger than i want.

LiveWire

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 09:17:30 AM »
It is 1 1/8". With allowing for a 7/16" bolt, I had to go to a 5/8" crush sleeve to get what I felt was an adequate wall thickness. I don't recall the wall thickness of the bushing itself, but if say 1/8", that would put the OD of the bushing at 7/8". I use .095" DOM for the arms and would want the outer tube at least that thick. 1 1/8 would give me 1/8" wall. I believe they are actually .133 wall with the bushing being a bit under 1/8 wall.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 08:26:33 PM »
Here is what Ill make you for $10 ea. I know its not what you want to pay, but it is what you want. I think $10 is actually not a bad cost with the time Ill have into making only 8.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 08:27:04 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal