Author Topic: Fall Trip to LS Sept. 23 - 26, 2010  (Read 56684 times)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: Fall Trip to LS Sept. 23 - 26, 2010
« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2010, 02:41:15 PM »
Since I wasn't brave enough to come to OK without it, I went back home and got my tool box.  Pack all the tools and left it in garage. kick  20 min til I'm outta here.

Sat looks like a perfect day.  And all of next week.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »
I think you'll be mostly by yourself Sunday.

Fast, I will be there on Sunday so if you want you can hang out with the 3 of us at the house. I should be flyin my flag on the Revolt.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: September 21, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »
Since I wasn't brave enough to come to OK without it, I went back home and got my tool box.  Pack all the tools and left it in garage. kick  20 min til I'm outta here.

Sat looks like a perfect day.  And all of next week.
LOL!! Ya,I'm bring everything including the kitchen sink this time. BUT ,I'll still need something I don't have with me for sure. Never fails.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2010, 05:46:09 AM »
OK where's the pics then? :o eyes
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:55 AM »
Hey guys have an awesome trip! Wish I were there, Ill catch you in April!

Have a safe trip down and back and safe and happy duning to all, and to all a good night! Should be great night riding with the moon at FULL!!!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: September 22, 2010, 08:22:37 AM »
Ya,if not overcast,it should be beautiful riding at night.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline sandvw

• Fabricator
« Reply #321 on: September 22, 2010, 12:58:37 PM »
Don't forget to call Clark for your firewood.

928-580-4496

trans man

« Reply #322 on: September 23, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »
There's going to be better weather on Friday. FU#KING RAIN TO DAY

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »
I guess so far its OK we didnt go huh Shane?

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »
Back home. Had buggy problems but still had a good time. Nice to see everyone. Highlight of the trip was saving Masters weekend. It pays to carry spare parts.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2010, 05:58:25 PM »
I guess so far its OK we didnt go huh Shane?

WELL, since I'm the first to return (Friday night), I suppose I could fill everyone in on the fun filled weekend!!

Drive down.

South Winds at 20, gusting to 35 trying to blow me back home (I got 11mpg versus the 15 to 16 I usually average on this trip). That and the occasional thunderstorm popping up here and there made for a pretty good drive... So far so good! 

Arrival!
Hmmm, Slim pickins for a campsite..  ;)

The wind and rains the dunes have been receiving built some of the best sand piles I've played on at LS since I have been hitting it for the past 10 years!!  ..IMO... That evening DS, his wife and I unloaded and went to play on the fluff. WOOHOO! Ya know that giddy kid feeling ya get when you get to ride and make tracks where nooooobody else has??

HELL YEA>

DS having some fun!

Water table was so high, about 20 ponds around the park... And they like to sneak up on ya.. 

Motor's running very well! Pulled up an almost effortless 60mph "wing destroyer" running down Sand Highway. I puckered and backed out...
Yea, I know..""Pussy"....
 Dammit I just got the wing straightened out! Painted! And would like a bit more time and tuning on the mill before playing too hard..I got 5 days right!??!
Then, heading back in, upon decell load I noticed a new noise.. "Interesting" I mumble to myself, knowing in the back of my head that the Jeffco is toast. Sure as shit, it is.. Day one and I just got punched in the mouth. Well, I have a buddy's Raptor to screw around on for a few days, Ill be good.
Day three... Buddies Yamaha 450 bike with 10 hrs on it is jacked between 2:30 and 6:00 am from our campsite. Another kick in the balls..

But I got to take a quick run in Fabr's rail! (Thanks Wes! That's gunna be one sick-ass ride when you get her dialed in!) and I was in the company of some of the best people a guy could ask for to play in the sand with. Another awesome vacation! Great to see everyone!

P.S. To the candy-ass bike thief.. May you break down in the desert and have vultures shit on your rotting corpse. You POS. wrong forum

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »
A thief!!! NO SHIT!

What a F$%K! Didnt know there were any as everyone usually looks out for one another! WOW Im dissapointed!

So New Jeffco parts on order? Suppose this is where they tell you again that it will handle a Turbo Busa!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
So New Jeffco parts on order? Suppose this is where they tell you again that it will handle a Turbo Busa!

I handed the phone to DS on this one. No secret that I have not had the best of luck with dealing with Jeffco on the phone in the past. IT worked out well too. We now have much more information about the FNR, its past problems (and why they exist), exactly why it fails along with the fixes that are going to be made. Its coming out and receiving around 16 updates. I will be sure to post up the results of this evolution!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2010, 11:02:35 PM »
When I was at Glamis I saw two guys bury a cable in the sand from thier trailer tounge to the rear axle of thier three wheeler and quad. If a person had tried to psuh them off they would not have gotton far and to try to take off riding on them (not unheard of at Glamis) would have been PAINFUL.

I got the feeling that these guys would not have called the cops either but polished thier boots on somones faces already laying there in pain.

Whos bike got ripped off? Anyone we know?

Awesome pics by the way.

Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2010, 11:05:36 PM »
Enemey I guess i gotta ask... Why don't you have a nice wheelie bar with a sand tire up high for when the wheelies get jes a lil to tall? lol

Just to protect the wing kinda thing?
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal