Author Topic: Sex Bolts now Sunggy's?  (Read 861 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Sex Bolts now Sunggy's?
« on: February 19, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »
      Ok had some open time on a machine today and thought what the heck.  I have been wanting to sung up my steering rack on my sand car ever since it was new.  This is just about the most popular end load steering rack sold out there behind the center load.  These things don't last very long before they start to wear the housing out.  what happens is the rack going back and forth wears the inside of the aluminum housing and then things just go south form there. Here is my remedy for the problem. The "Rack Sunggy" As you can see I have machined a top housing that has a recess on the inside that a piece of industrial Teflon go's into and a series of adjustable set screws keep tintion on it and takes the slop out of the rack. In the up and down movement.  Then I drill and tapped the front of the housing and installed two brass thrust bolts that remove and side to side movement from the steering rack.  Turned out really good. 

I took some video of the us machining the first part.  Soon as I figure out how to post video I'll post it up. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:24:12 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Sex Bolts now Sunggy's?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 09:29:37 AM »
NOw,fast,you do realize those guys won't sell as many boxes if this gets out. Heheheeee
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal