Author Topic: Hey Fast Corvairs....  (Read 10208 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Hey Fast Corvairs....
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2013, 10:27:01 PM »
Ya there is a child lock out switch on the door panel. Dose not make any difference if it is in or out.   I pulled the door panel off but did not see anything.

the child lock switch can go bad and if you can take the switch apart you might be able to clean it which is only a temp fix. easiest thing to do is go to the parts store and buy a new one and try it. they'll take it back if that doesn't fix it but usually when I work on these problems at work, windows have been left down in the rain and the switch's get wet then start to corrode. the wires in the rubber boot ,from the door to the body,  also are known for breaking so you have to pull the harness out to fix them. it's not hard to do just time consuming. I bet that master switch crapped out though.  other than that looks like a clean unit from the pics. atleast your master switch doesn't have a circuit board that has auto or it would be a whole lot more expensive and on some models you have to program all the windows to the master switch again after changing.  some models have switchs and motors that sense a hand in the window so they roll them selves back down half way. these are real fun since 90% of the public after getting a window knocked out try and roll them up while looking at all the broken glass thinking one will magically appear! this throw's the timing out the window. so then we get to gut the door and yank the regulator and separate the motor. have to hook the motor back up to the harness and the switch has to re-learn the motor by a number or rotations up and down then slide the regulator back to it's timing mark and install with glass and see if it works. if not start over lol    those get fun in a hurry.  the newer chevy trucks are another treat when people do this cause it runs the plastic guides up the rails and off and usually breaks them.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2013, 05:13:33 AM »
the child lock switch can go bad and if you can take the switch apart you might be able to clean it which is only a temp fix. easiest thing to do is go to the parts store and buy a new one and try it. they'll take it back if that doesn't fix it but usually when I work on these problems at work, windows have been left down in the rain and the switch's get wet then start to corrode. the wires in the rubber boot ,from the door to the body,  also are known for breaking so you have to pull the harness out to fix them. it's not hard to do just time consuming. I bet that master switch crapped out though.  other than that looks like a clean unit from the pics. atleast your master switch doesn't have a circuit board that has auto or it would be a whole lot more expensive and on some models you have to program all the windows to the master switch again after changing.  some models have switchs and motors that sense a hand in the window so they roll them selves back down half way. these are real fun since 90% of the public after getting a window knocked out try and roll them up while looking at all the broken glass thinking one will magically appear! this throw's the timing out the window. so then we get to gut the door and yank the regulator and separate the motor. have to hook the motor back up to the harness and the switch has to re-learn the motor by a number or rotations up and down then slide the regulator back to it's timing mark and install with glass and see if it works. if not start over lol    those get fun in a hurry.  the newer chevy trucks are another treat when people do this cause it runs the plastic guides up the rails and off and usually breaks them.

This sounds more and more like a job for my local electrical shop.  The little Jeep is well worth the cost for what I have into it.  Not going to do much until after I get back from LS on this.  But will have to have it all done before I go to Yuma Newyears.  Needs to have a hitch and my winch put on before then also. Need to find a full size 31 inch tire and rim for a spar to.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2013, 07:24:26 AM »
Cool! Congrats on the purchase. 
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »
Sooooo,if we break a side window,leave it the eff alone,do not roll up or down and come to you to bail our asses out in the event  of a broken window?????????? ;D ;D ;D ;D Souds like the plan to me!! ;D
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2013, 05:31:21 PM »
 rofl  you can bring it to me but definitely leave it the eff alone  LMAO LMAO    you know for years I tried to explain to people why but the deer in the headlights look get real old  and the same comment is always made......so it's fixed and I won't have any more problems!  rofl   I can't answer that question honestly or I wouldn't have anymore customers  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal