Author Topic: The rules - restated.  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
The rules - restated.
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:21:18 AM »
Recently I made a bit of a ruckus at another website.  How so?  Well, I basically "resigned."  Why?  Well, in a nut shell the place was going down hill a bit.  That occurred as a result of failure to moderate. 

Self regulation is a fine thing, but when it fails it allows some to be emboldened. The first time they dip their toe in, the next time the put their foot in. As long as they can go deeper and deeper without fear they will continue to do so.

I came to the realization that I would not tolerate some of it in my house, or work, or social settings, so why would I willingly subject myself to it online? When it comes from the top or from folks that have much more sway than I do it is clear I will not / cannot change it. That leaves one option. Show myself the front door.

I figured while it was on my mind I would take the opportunity for a refresher course here at DTS. 

Basic rule:  Don't be an asshole.

We can and should all have differing opinions.  You name the topic, we can discuss it in a meaningful fashion. We can exchange ideas, thoughts, builds, discuss politics, culture, etc.  It is all good.  Just don't violate that first rule.

Everybody is welcome here.  If any of you folks that rarely post are intimated, don't be.  We all start somewhere and there is no stupid question.  If you have a question outside of buggies / builds, there is a wealth of collective information here.  Post it up. 

Thanks for being here.     
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:28:55 AM by Yummi »
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: The rules - restated.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 11:03:26 AM »
Could not have said it better. That premise is why this site was started in the first place.  +1!!!!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 07:10:33 PM »
Yummi is fondling the ban hammer.

ff:

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
he wishes he had one @another place me thinks............................
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 06:26:31 AM »
Yummi is fondling the ban hammer.

ff:

Of course not looking for a hammer.  Just looking for intelligent conversation.

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »
What character was it that wandered around looking for a wise man? .....................................................I don't know but currently it's yummi.  ;D ;D 8)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »
There does seem to little to no moddin over there Yum, and for most part it works out ok.  I think the down turn in economy, loss of $$$,$$$, loss of home, loss of a toy, has many on the edge.  Time they use to spend in sand they now spend on puter pissed off at the ones who still can get there sand on.  No way some of the flames on the net would be said face to face. 

Back when DTS started up, someone on MBN invited me to join up.  Dont remember who but sure was nice to feel like I was wanted (even if you didnt really want me  rofl rofl)  Ive learned sooooo much since I started in this sport, wife thinks I need rehab and thats how I feel when I stab the throttle thru the sand!
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 09:40:08 AM »
Time will heal.  Really miss your snappy comments over on the ________ site.   Will guess I'll just have to spend more time over here now.  Have't seen DW sign in yet.  Thought he was going to?

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
There does seem to little to no moddin over there Yum, and for most part it works out ok.  I think the down turn in economy, loss of $$$,$$$, loss of home, loss of a toy, has many on the edge.  Time they use to spend in sand they now spend on puter pissed off at the ones who still can get there sand on.  No way some of the flames on the net would be said face to face. 

Pffffttt.  That's all a bunch of excuses. 

When folks post Planet of the Ape videos on discussions of race, state that blacks have in their DNA violence, use terms like "spear chucker" reference catfish and try to hide behind humor, call Asians "nips" refer to UAE / Gulf members as the land of "Durka Durka" call gays "fags" and "cock suckers" ain't none of that has dick to do with the economy. 

All of that has everything to do with being assholes. 

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »

When folks post Planet of the Ape videos on discussions of race, state that blacks have in their DNA violence, use terms like "spear chucker" reference catfish and try to hide behind humor, call Asians "nips" refer to UAE / Gulf members as the land of "Durka Durka" call gays "fags" and "cock suckers" ain't none of that has dick to do with the economy. 

I kind of see the problem as some of them want to have there cake and eat it too.  They want the second amendment They want the first amendment etc etc but they want to throw in there own rules to-boot.   I don't like one of them over there thinking that no one should carry but him, Like he's the one and only that can handle a situation.  Some of them need to look at the whole picture. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 10:03:40 AM »

I skip thru a bit there so I only saw 2 of those, but yeah thats bullshit.  The mod should delete, warn, then BAN those that cant play nicely!.
And I thought the Southeast, where I live, was the most racist part of the country.  Thats what all the news reports keep telling me. 

Offline Yummi

• Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:59 AM »
The mods position is that "nobody reports it."  They then post in the same threads.  Retards. 

Hell I would ban myself for my post above but I don't know how else to convey what the hell is going on. 

I sponsored the do good program of DOTM / DOTY and pulled that sponsorship.  Told the owner of the site my concerns.  Discussed with mods, etc.  There really is not much else I can do.  Well, except leave.  So, I did.   

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »
Hell I would ban myself for my post above but I don't know how else to convey what the hell is going on. 

Yummi this is your non official warning!  LMAO

Was at Atl braves ballgame w/ wife, daughter and one of her friends.  Sittin way out in cheap seats when 3 punks sit behind us.  They thought them yelling the F word at the umps would make a difference.  After 3 time I turn and tell him not to cuss like that in front of my child or move.  He says "freedom of speech"!! And I stood and told him his freedom ended at the back of my chair, and if it was muttered again I would freely kick his ass.  He moved shortly later, then security showed to make sure there were no problems.  I said nope, the problem moved over there so I'm good.

I would never post on the internet some of those and many other comments.  Someone, somewhere saved a copy.

Offline D Walker

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »
I skip thru a bit there so I only saw 2 of those, but yeah thats bullshit.  The mod should delete, warn, then BAN those that cant play nicely!.
And I thought the Southeast, where I live, was the most racist part of the country.  Thats what all the news reports keep telling me.

Rome Ga huh? Rolled past your exit on 75n last night on my way to Nashville. Headed back to Charleston for another load back to the same place, and i get to do it again for Saturday.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 10:32:09 AM »
Try to catch Carl sometime. Nice guy!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal