Author Topic: Fabr's Desert Car (As If I Don't Have Enough on My Plate)  (Read 55807 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Fabr's Desert Car (As If I Don't Have Enough on My Plate)
« Reply #540 on: March 19, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
Hinges,cable restraint,latches and latch interconnect. Pull the hinge pins and slip the cable off it's pin and the door is off. No tools simplicity,love it!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein  (IT'S OFFICIAL THAT DAY IS HERE NOW!)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #541 on: March 20, 2017, 04:33:40 PM »
That is soo baddass!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #542 on: March 20, 2017, 09:00:34 PM »
Welllll,thanks!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein  (IT'S OFFICIAL THAT DAY IS HERE NOW!)

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #543 on: August 19, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »
OK,for a variety of reasons I didn't make St.A this year. Hope all that did had a great time! One reason was the sketchy way my dry sump pump mounts to a SBC block. All makes mount the same and all are wobbly to put it mildly. Always hated seeing the movement of the pump on my dragsters but with the short distance back to"camp" from the end of the drag strip I never really worried about it. Well ,when I got to LS this spring I just got paranoid about it. I went about moving the pump closer to the block-no improvement. For those that don't know,a SBC only has oil pan bolts and engine mount bosses. I really couldn't use the motor mount bosses since they are in use holding the motor up,duh. Oil pan bolts are only 1/4"  and not in the right place to make a rear mount for the pump. Sooo,wth do I do? Finally it sank in , make a huge freeking monstrosity of an adapter for the block and added a  flange to the rear of the pump. Well,not really that much a monstrousity and  the thing made the pump rock solid now. Zero movement. Along the way I had to make a couple pulley flanges,buy a broach to cut the keyways , make a drive mandrel for the pulleys and some other BS. Like I said a few times fabbing things,the easiest stuff takes the longest. Oh well,it's all back together and a much better setup. Pretty bad though ,making mods before it's maiden sand run. 
Theodore Roosevelt 1907