Author Topic: A Arm Rear Suspension  (Read 3985 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
A Arm Rear Suspension
« on: December 05, 2011, 07:00:42 AM »
Well,I guess there is at least one well respected/well known builder of cars that is doing a dual A -arm rear suspension. I predict there will be more as time goes along. This is a Mosebilt car.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: A Arm Rear Suspension
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 07:11:47 AM »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:36:07 AM »
And a true A-arm rear it is.  Using what amounts to a tie rod to adjust toe instead of 3 or 4 mount points on spindle.  Humm??  Simple and possibly more leverage?
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 07:48:52 AM »
Adjustable is what it is instead of fixed. Very nice touch.Look @ the thread @ GD. That car has innovation all over it.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

LiveWire

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »
I have never been a fan of mounting heims as ball joint on edge on front spindles due to the reduction is turning available. Here where turning is not needed, only a little movement for adjustment, they still mounted them on the flat. Interesting.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »
hmmmm a-arm rear end with tie rod.... can't remember where I've seen that but I know it was 2 years ago maybe 1.5.     ;D
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

trans man

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »
hmmmm a-arm rear end with tie rod.... can't remember where I've seen that but I know it was 2 years ago maybe 1.5.     ;D
Isn't it on a yellow car? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »
hmmmmmm
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 08:43:01 PM »
Well,I guess there is at least one well respected/well known builder of cars that is doing a dual A -arm rear suspension. I predict there will be more as time goes along. This is a Mosebilt car.

it is nice to see mosebilt is stepping out of the norm and trying something we all know works well. he does crank out some real nice product too, i especially like the sway bar! I wonder if he shouldn't have a wider stance on the chassis mounting points on the lower though but hard to tell from a pic. I actually decided years ago not to do this on my rails for the mass's but did work it up. that is why when enemy wanted to i had some info for him while he was designing his. the problem I saw for the mass's was there inability to align or tune the rear end with out doing damage!they don't understand it there for cannot align it let alone tune it! this is why the trailing arm has been so popular for sooooo long , simple and easy, bolt on and as idiot proof as you can get. bend one and replace it but the design removes so so much from the suspension it's hard to believe with all the info out there anyone would want to go that route in a lot of applications but that brings us back to simpl or " for the mass's" or as I like to put it idiot proofing it!! lol it really is sad and for most of us we look at that rear end and instantly begin thinking of how nice that will be to tune for individual apps but we are not the mass's now are we?  ;D this is of course imo  and from my experience with the public over the last 18 years!    I had one customer yearrrrrrs ago that had contracted me to build him a rail so I did when I was still building the 4 link rear end, he said he did alignments for a living at a tire store. i told him go run the rail as is for atleast a couple hard runs and get the components seated and or settled then put it on the rack and align it, i did of course give him the specs to do so. he fooked it so bad he over extended the u-joint and broke the rear end!!  this is but one example and he did alignments for a living!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:48:33 PM by Dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 09:00:28 PM »
it will be interesting to see how the torsion bar works.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »

it is nice to see mosebilt is stepping out of the norm and trying something we all know works well. he does crank out some real nice product too, i especially like the sway bar! I wonder if he shouldn't have a wider stance on the chassis mounting points on the lower though but hard to tell from a pic. I actually decided years ago not to do this on my rails for the mass's but did work it up. that is why when enemy wanted to i had some info for him while he was designing his. the problem I saw for the mass's was there inability to align or tune the rear end with out doing damage!they don't understand it there for cannot align it let alone tune it! this is why the trailing arm has been so popular for sooooo long , simple and easy, bolt on and as idiot proof as you can get. bend one and replace it but the design removes so so much from the suspension it's hard to believe with all the info out there anyone would want to go that route in a lot of applications but that brings us back to simpl or " for the mass's" or as I like to put it idiot proofing it!! lol it really is sad and for most of us we look at that rear end and instantly begin thinking of how nice that will be to tune for individual apps but we are not the mass's now are we?  ;D this is of course imo  and from my experience with the public over the last 18 years!    I had one customer yearrrrrrs ago that had contracted me to build him a rail so I did when I was still building the 4 link rear end, he said he did alignments for a living at a tire store. i told him go run the rail as is for atleast a couple hard runs and get the components seated and or settled then put it on the rack and align it, i did of course give him the specs to do so. he fooked it so bad he over extended the u-joint and broke the rear end!!  this is but one example and he did alignments for a living!!!!!!!!
+1!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal