Author Topic: Piston Longevity of a Busa  (Read 10043 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Re: Piston Longevity of a Busa
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 07:58:05 AM »
The meltdown pic is of a guy from the Org.

Spotted a few on Ebay, still waiting on a local guy from Norfolk that deals in wrecked bikes before I deal with ebay..Hopefully save on some shipping that way.

What did ya spot Carl? Do they have a site?
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 08:27:46 AM »
They were on Craigslist,  thumb down 2 were a salvage place and one was individual.  I wouldn't buy anything on there I couldn't see/pickup in person.  DS had spyed one here in Ga not to far from me, cheap but without harness, ecu, other goodies you dont need.  But he went underground or something. 
Wont return calls or email.  Paypal or face to face.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57:03 AM »
IMO, NEVER pay for an engine til it's in front of you. Most sellers that are within driving distance(so you can inspect before pay) will let you pay on delivery as they save the ebay and paypal fees. Same goes for any other source of engines IMO.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
my new used motor will be here friday!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Grimm Reaper Racing

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 06:55:16 PM »
I purchased my TL1000R site unseen.  All I had were some pics of a wrecked bike to look at.  If I hadn't had experience with motorcycle mechanics I probably wouldn't have gone this route, but I saved a fookin bundle the way I did it, but it was a risk.
See you all duneside.😎🤙

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
Yea, I'm a bit nervous pulling the trigger on a used motor halfway across the country myself.. Not a fan of gambling!

These are the 2 I'm eyeballing on fleabay right now..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330653037245?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230712712714?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

What ya guys think?
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:53 PM »
Thought about contacting the guy and see if he'd go $1800 shipped on the one with 7800 miles. I know if I had more patience, I will run across one for around 1500, but that price is snagged up pretty quick it seems...

Offline Wyattboche

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 11:05:36 PM »
Is there a year where busa engines where bad? Seems some are favoring the 02-04 years. How come?

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 05:57:41 AM »
Those are $500 less than best deal I've found around here.  And you could sell of those extra parts, harness, ecu, etc.  Unless you wanted to sell off motor after "build" or just wanted spare stuff.  If I coulda found a busa for $1500 Carls buggy be broke for sure from excessive HP. rofl

Late model Busa 1397 had higher comp and couldn't handle boost without crackin the motor open. ??? be fine if you stay straight gas, atleast thats my take on it.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 06:39:53 AM »
Yea, there's lots of guys ditching the 08 and up and going back to the first gen I'm hearing..

Carl, I think yer buggy can handle what ever you throw at it from what I've seen!!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 06:47:38 AM »
Is there a year where busa engines where bad? Seems some are favoring the 02-04 years. How come?

Not a bad year on any of them really, just depends on what your intentions are with it. I would prefer an 04 to 07 because the processor and flywheel are already 32bit and all the TSB's from Suzuki have been addressed.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2011, 06:48:22 AM »
Earliest models had no undercut gears in the trans also IIRC. 08 and newer have advantages but ,from what I hear,a weaker trans. Regardless, an 08 or newer is not worth twice + the price of an 07 or older. IMO
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2011, 03:46:25 PM »
Well I threw the guy an offer of 1800 shipped to me on the low mileage 07.. See if he jumps on it!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
So far an awesome guy to deal with! Talked him down just a bit, and would not complain a bit if I didn't.. He has a very good rep. and I think its a very good price for a Busa with 7800 miles on it.  Motor is on its way!!  :)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »
Cool!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal