Author Topic: Radiator ??????  (Read 2127 times)

405dentech

Radiator ??????
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:33:34 PM »
I'm looking for one that will work for an 05 gsxr 600. I have the stock one but want to run a bigger one. 

plkracer

Re: Radiator ??????
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 06:13:39 PM »
Get one from a honda civic del sol, available on ebay. It keeps my motor cool even without a fan, as long as I am moving.

Admin

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 06:16:47 PM »
Get a two core they have some cheap ones on ebay but they are only 1 core, biggest probelm with the non externial oil cooler engines is oil temp, In the mini sprint world they see temps 40-60 degrees higher than the water, and is the general cause of engine failure...In other words, explore the oil cooler option, everytime i raced my gixer 6, the water temp would sore to 240.. the fluid only cools the head, and has a cheesy cooler that goes into the oil pan... c and r make a nice rad but its 300 bux, well spent IMO...

405dentech

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:35:11 PM »
What are the two smaller hoses? There is one in front and one in back of the motor. The honda radiator is cheap enough on ebay but i was unsure if it would work. The fan situation is not a problem.

plkracer

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 11:06:45 PM »
The 1/2 inch hose goes directly to the top of the radiator. It comes from the oil cooler. The tiny hose from the thermostat is the air bleed hose to keep air from fouling up the thermostat and keep it from not opening if it air locks. This goes to the highest point in your system. I made sure to bleed mine by holding it low and into a coolant jug after filling the system to bleed any air.

405dentech

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »
If i went with the all aluminum honda radiator how would i plumb in the 1/2in. line?

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »
TIG
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

405dentech

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »
TIG
I meant were does the half inch hose off the oil cooler go.

plkracer

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »
I think master is implying that you weld on extra spouts to the radiator. That is what I did to mine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal