Author Topic: ECOTEC VIn Question  (Read 2444 times)

Icky

ECOTEC VIn Question
« on: May 02, 2009, 02:30:16 PM »
I found a Long Block 2005 EcoTec 2.2L for sale for $400 with only 12k miles on it. It seems like a good deal but I wanted the guy to send me a picture of the Vin on it before i go down there tomorrow so I can have it checked but he said he doesn't know where it is. Does anyone know where he might locate it. I'd hate to try to register this thing sometime next year had have CHP :police: tell me it's stolen  :o Thanks in advace

SPEC

Re: ECOTEC VIn Question
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »
That's a good question, I dunno where on the motor it is...But I would think if the Dude has the title in hand tha the vin should be there and if a Bill of sale was in hand with the junk title you would be good...that's how it works in the frozen waste -land of minnesota

Icky

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:40:15 PM »
The story i got is he works for a dealership and it was a motor that GM decided to replace cause they had some problems with it and GM never asked for it back. He fixed those problems(oil leak) Blah Blah Blah he lost the bill of sale that he got when he bought it. As much as I'd love to go pick this up I'm a little worried that somethings wrong with the situation and I think i should wait and look for a better deal. Thank you for your imput though.  :)

SPEC

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »
Boy that could go either way as far as a shady deal goes...prolly  a good idea to wait :-\

Admin

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
I myself would not buy one unless i could here it run in the car before they yanked it out... Sounds shady, youll find another... If it was a replacement, he wouldnt have a bill of sale to loose, probbaly someone stripping stolen cars is my guess...

artie on edge

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 04:19:39 PM »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »
The story i got is he works for a dealership and it was a motor that GM decided to replace cause they had some problems with it and GM never asked for it back. He fixed those problems(oil leak) Blah Blah Blah he lost the bill of sale that he got when he bought it. As much as I'd love to go pick this up I'm a little worried that somethings wrong with the situation and I think i should wait and look for a better deal. Thank you for your imput though.  :)
I think youll have trouble then since that engine is related to the car that is owned by others. The dealerships are supposed to destroy those engines.They are not to be resold from what I have been told by my dealer and therefore will show up as having something wrong the engine #'s. I could be wrong but that's what I've been told.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Icky

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 11:24:07 PM »
Yeah i talked to a few of my friends that used to work for dealerships and they said the same thing. I'll find another one, they have them on FleaBay all the time, but I just thought it would be nice not to have to pay for shipping. I should just go get a few more credit cards and buy one from turnkey and the rest of my parts. Then tell the credit card companies I can't afford to pay them  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal