Author Topic: Howdy All Artie Has EnteredThe Building  (Read 2473 times)

artie on edge

Howdy All Artie Has EnteredThe Building
« on: September 20, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »
Morning guys, just read the site rules and disagree totally with one of them...

I will like everybody and everybody will like me... always. (it would be a nice world wouldnt it?)

From New South Wales Australia, building a machine for racing purposes. Its an Edge Products inspired Barracuda with a few design changes to remove issues that I dont agree with. Chassis and suspension stage at present. Have held off purchasing the Busa powerplant as the 2008 model is a little more desirable than earlier versions and waiting for more morons to face plant so I can buy a write off at the right price  ::) :angel:. Raced for many years in our aussie national off road championship (full sized), now looking to go back into the fray with a smaller )less costly) beasty.

Look forward to having interesting non confrontational discussions with other members

Admin

Re: Howdy All Artie Has EnteredThe Building
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:43:58 PM »
Welcome aboard mate... ;D

Admin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »
Oh, Any pictures so far?

VLADD

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 05:23:15 AM »
Welcome Artie,
I like your sunny disposition, That would be a nice thing if the world could all just get along.

borris

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 09:23:30 AM »
Morning guys, just read the site rules and disagree totally with one of them...

I will like everybody and everybody will like me... always. (it would be a nice world wouldnt it?)

From New South Wales Australia, building a machine for racing purposes. Its an Edge Products inspired Barracuda with a few design changes to remove issues that I dont agree with. Chassis and suspension stage at present. Have held off purchasing the Busa powerplant as the 2008 model is a little more desirable than earlier versions and waiting for more morons to face plant so I can buy a write off at the right price  ::) :angel:. Raced for many years in our aussie national off road championship (full sized), now looking to go back into the fray with a smaller )less costly) beasty.

Look forward to having interesting non confrontational discussions with other members

Aren't you the optimistic one!! :)

Well that's the intention of the site.Not going to say there won't be possibly some very pointed questions or debates but the "you can go to Hell and go screw yourself won't be tolerated though. We, as you, don't need that crap. 

Seriously though,WELCOME to the site and we hope you enjoy yourself here.

artie on edge

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
pic of chassis as is today. Working on the suspension arms and mounts as we speak (type??)

artie on edge

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
just a couple of me from days gone by.... remember..."the older I get....the better I was!!!"

This at one of the rounds of our nat championship... a course in an army training range at Puckapunyal in northern Victoria. Very diverse track, from very rough to creek crossings then dust (see pic) and then over the tip of a small mountain (Pikes Peak????).Shortly before these were taken I hit a set of 'ditches' left by the tracks of a tank and blew the arse out of 4 of the 10 shocks (2 front and 2 rears, Bilstiens back then) and on a long fast corner it wouldnt track as well as it did with a full shocker compliment and I ended up kissing a graded berm with the rear left and going over...very interesting.. happened in reaaaaal sloooowwww mottttiiioon.

Anyway will catch up with you all over time I guess... cheers from Australia.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:37:11 PM by artie on edge »

VLADD

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 05:05:02 AM »
Good pics , Good story,
Thanks for sharing

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »
WIld ride story.I really enjoyed it! I had a serious wreck in 1986 and I can relate to that  reeaaalllll sssllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwww mo thing!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal